Scaleforum: 27-28 September 2014

Flymo748

The Scalefour Society is very pleased to announce that Advance Tickets are now on sale for Scaleforum 2014.

http://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/tickets

Last year the show moved to its new venue at the Stoke Mandeville Stadium, allowing it to give more space and better facilities to host exhibits. This year the show promises even more attractions.

These include two large layouts, amongst the biggest that are on show of their type. Calcutta Sidings is set in the Burton-on-Trent area in the early 1990s. The layout measures 52 feet long by 16 feet wide and is a must for those who like to watch varied trains passing including scale length High Speed Trains running at full speed. Another large model that is 60 feet long and very much the work of one person is Epsom and Epsom Town built by Bob Cummins. Set in 1928, the layout shows the colourful engines of the Southern Railway in the Surrey town of Epsom.

To help visitors learn how they can enjoy building models like these, Scaleforum will also have demonstrators, showing everything from how to make a model kit to how to add the final details to bring it to life. And of course there will be the very best of the model trade at the show, so whether you want to buy something new to run on your layout or just a pot of paint, you can find what you want.

Layouts, Demonstrators and Traders

Layouts

• Calcutta Sidings
  • Epsom and Epsom Town
  • Knutsford East
  • Llanastr
  • Lower Exbury
  • Lowburn Park
  • Manston Brewery Ltd
  • Midland Sidings
  • Sandford and Banwell
  • Axalp (P87)

Demonstrators

From prototype to model layout planning and construction based on an actual location - Risborough and District MRC

Getting started in P4 - Andrew Ulyott

Modelling the Diesel and electric era - David Furmage and Robert Austin

Modelling complex trackwork - Howard Bolton

Loco Construction - Steve Duckworth

Plank in progress - Steve Howe

The finishing touches – bringing your layout to life - Dave Hawkins

Modelling mixed gauge Irish railways - John Crompton

Soldering helpdesk - Ray Hodson

Loco conversion and chassis problem solving helpdesk - Mike Ainsworth

And of course a full line-up of all the finescale traders that you would expect from an event like Scaleforum.  More details on those to come in due course...

The full details:

When

27th and 28th September 2014

Saturday 27th:  10.30 to 17.30

Sunday 28th:  10.00 to 16.30

Where

Stoke Mandeville Stadium
Stadium Approach
Aylesbury
Bucks
HP21 9PP

Tickets

Prices on the door:

Society members:  £5

Non-members:      £8

Tickets are valid for both days. Partners and accompanied children are admitted free

Any questions?  Simply download the flyer http://www.scalefour.org/downloads/2014/scaleforum2014flyer.pdf,  email marketing@scalefour.org or ask them here...

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Marketing Manager

• 1 month later...

There will also be a feature on the Standard Gauge Workbench - a Scalefour Society initiative to encourage people to dip their toes into P4 modelling by building a simple layout of no more than 4 feet 8.5 inches on length. At least two projects based on this will be there together with a demo by me on the subject.

More details of SGW projects and proposals can be found be found here.

Do say hello!

I do so hope that the Bring & Buy is better regulated than last year. I have been to many Society events where it appears that "Traders" have an arrangement whereby items they pick out are removed from the stand. At the one such event a K's GWR 04 was snatched from under my outstretch hand by an individual who asked for it to be placed with others items he had previously gleaned; I later saw this individual serving on a trade stand. I'm sure that those wishing to sell items are not overly concerned by who buy them, that said I would believe that Bring & Buy stands are part of the show's experience for ticket holders. I accept that this may prove to be a difficult to regulate but surely common sense could be exercised.  

I do so hope that the Bring & Buy is better regulated than last year. I have been to many Society events where it appears that "Traders" have an arrangement whereby items they pick out are removed from the stand. At the one such event a K's GWR 04 was snatched from under my outstretch hand by an individual who asked for it to be placed with others items he had previously gleaned; I later saw this individual serving on a trade stand. I'm sure that those wishing to sell items are not overly concerned by who buy them, that said I would believe that Bring & Buy stands are part of the show's experience for ticket holders. I accept that this may prove to be a difficult to regulate but surely common sense could be exercised.  

Thanks for reminding me about the B&B. Surplus stock sorted, bagged up and ready to go. All I have to do now is remember to take it with me!

Well I too will make it this year on the Saturday. It being a little further to come from home than the average..... A 22 hour plane flight from Australia. I'm looking forward to the bring and buy along with talking to too many people... So I expect to be horse by the end.. May be a pint or too at a local then head back to london!

Got to go now as this will be one of the last remaining opportunities to buy Martin Finney Kits.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/89735-martin-finney-to-retire/

I'm going to Paddy Power to see if they'll offer odds on Phoenix Paints making a move to take the range. After all, they've hoovered up DMR and Churchward Models....

..... I expect to be horse by the end.. ...

This worries me.

Well Horsetan... We could meet up and have a pint? I am also starting to think about a A3 from Mr Finney if he is retiring! Oh may be not... I don't know... PM me to arrange a pint!

I'm going to see if I have enough pennies left over to pay for an A4 kit. It's either that or a bigger anti-roll bar for my car. Can't have both.

I'm going to see if I have enough pennies left over to pay for an A4 kit. It's either that or a bigger anti-roll bar for my car. Can't have both.

Im with Enterprisingwestern.... stop going around corners so quick and buy a A4.  :locomotive:

There's still time to beat the queues with our on-line e-ticket sales

Save time and get early entry at 10.15am on the Saturday, and 09.45am on the Sunday.

This year, as in the last two, advance tickets take the form of 'e-tickets' for individuals attending Scaleforum. When you have completed your purchase you will be need to print out the ticket which must be produced at the door. Members will also be required to show their membership card.
There is a link on the website home page, which will take you straight to where you can purchase your ticket through our normal, secure, on-line shop, or if you wish there is the option of making your purchase using Paypal.

Not only that, but for members that are coming as part of a group of four or more, you can purchase your tickets for the entire group in advance at the further discounted rate of only £4.00 each. Terms and conditions apply, so please read them carefully. Please note as well that Group Tickets are not E-Tickets but will be sent to you by post.

This discounted group rate will NOT be available on the day!

Non-members still have the advantage of being able to purchase tickets in advance, although they do not have access to the special group prices.

Unlike many on-line booking systems, the Scalefour Society has decided that you should not need to pay a booking fee or a credit card charge, so the price that you pay is exactly the same as you would pay on the day - except that it is more convenient!

The direct link is: http://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/tickets

Once again you can order a name badge if you want one, which will be available for collection from the Society stand when you come in to the show.

Please note then that Advance Ticket sales this year will cease at some point in the week prior to the show, probably on Thursday 25th September. So there are just 15 more days left to buy an advance ticket.

If you have any questions, or special requests or issues about Scaleforum ticket sales do please e-mail: tickets@scalefour.org

See you at Aylesbury for Scaleforum 2014!

Danny Cockling
Membership Secretary

Im with Enterprisingwestern.... stop going around corners so quick and buy a A4. :locomotive:

UPDATE: Have booked the very last A4 in stock from Martin, so that's a reason to be at Scaleforum. If there really aren't going to be any more, I might ask Martin to autograph the inside/underside of the resin body as a sort of farewell memento.

Are you happy now, Doug?.....Doug?

Do the Domestic Membership agree to wear name tags for the benefit of overseas members and visitors yet?...

No. And anyway I'm identifiable because of the unmistakeable smell of horse.... No name tags needed there!

As the anti roll bar recedes further into the distance!.

For now....

Archived