Scaleforum: 27-28 September 2014

Flymo748

UPDATE: Have booked the very last A4 in stock from Martin, so that's a reason to be at Scaleforum. If there really aren't going to be any more, I might ask Martin to autograph the inside/underside of the resin body as a sort of farewell memento.

Are you happy now, Doug?.....Doug?

Well if you have bought the last one it wasn't ment to be.... But I never know if I will score one on the bring and buy!

So yes I am on my way... Coming from Venice at the moment... I'm looking forward to seeing every one there... And yes horse I will even show my Q6 and my other selected locos that have made the journey with me.... Is that the most travelled models for the day award?

I note from the programme that tripods are not allowed unless you are on "official" business, be interesting to see how robustly applied the rule is.

Mike.

There is a lot to be said for a monopod, doubles as a walking stick, unobtrusive, less likely to get accidentally kicked, etc. 

There is a lot to be said for a monopod, doubles as a walking stick, unobtrusive, less likely to get accidentally kicked, etc.

This is true for stills but it doesn't work as well for video. I tried to take video last year of the new London Road and had to bin it.

The ban on tripods was in place last year too, but as it happened the event wasn't too well attended so it didn't matter. I shall see how crowded this one is and then ask for an exception if appropriate.

Regards

An updated Scaleforum exhibition guide is now available due to a few last minute changes to the lineup:

Lower Exbury has unfortunately had to withdraw from this year's show. In its place will be Wheal Elizabeth.

In turn, this means that Andrew Ullyott will not be able to man the Starting in P4 demonstration desk, so his boots will be filled by John McAleely (Saturday) and Keith Norgrove (Sunday).

Following the sad news about Comet Models, MMS Models and Isinglass Drawings are also unable to attend due to illness.

See you next weekend!

Advance tickets for Scaleforum 2014

For anyone still intending to buy an advance ticket for this year's Scaleforum they will only remain on sale for three more days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

The direct link is: http://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/tickets

If you have any questions, please e-mail: tickets@scalefour.org

See you at the weekend icon_e_biggrin.gif

All the Best

Danny

Looking forward to the show, went last year was good then although a bit quiet but least there was plenty of room to move around.
I generally never take a tripod to exhibitions I did see one a this year at another show same venue... and he had to carry it around all day so I assume he was told not to use it.

Anyway looking forward to it as it's just down the road.

I've just posted some last minute updates to the Scaleforum 2014 website. Updates include the latest news on traders; news of construction work outside of our control which will complicate access to the overflow parking; plus extra details of the shuttle bus service from Aylesbury station (different in detail from Railex, but hopefully as useful!).

With apologies for not being a regular poster on this forum, hopefully you won't mind a reminder that today is the last day to buy advance tickets online.

The guide online is more recent than the printed one circulated in Scalefour News 189, so I do recommend a visit to the website to plan your visit.

If you're there at the weekend, do say hi. I'll be at the Getting Started in P4 demo on Saturday, and it would be great to meet some RMWeb'ers!

Hello

Just to remind you all that we are taking the Risborough Club Test Track along to Scaleforum, this will have the following for you to use:

1 off N Gauge DCC or DC

1 of P4 DCC only

1 of P4 DCC or DC

2 off OO Gauge DCC or DC

1 off O Gauge DCC or DC

We will have a choice of DC controllers, plus our DCC system is a Digitrax Superchief.

I hope to be there on the Saturday.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello

Just to remind you all that we are taking the Risborough Club Test Track along to Scaleforum, this will have the following for you to use:

1 off N Gauge DCC or DC

1 of P4 DCC only

1 of P4 DCC or DC

2 off OO Gauge DCC or DC

1 off O Gauge DCC or DC

We will have a choice of DC controllers....

I'll try to bring a "Western" or a 50 along.

Or possibly a Br.10 or Br.41......  :locomotive:

I note from the parallel discussion on the Society Forum that there is likely to be a problem with parking at the venue - something to do with insufficient space due to the hospital management reneging on its agreement to allow show attendees to park. Probably not the first time this has happened.

Best get there earlier then.

I note from the parallel discussion on the Society Forum that there is likely to be a problem with parking at the venue - something to do with insufficient space due to the hospital management reneging on its agreement to allow show attendees to park. Probably not the first time this has happened.

Best get there earlier then.

Plenty of on-road parking.

Well, that was by far and away the most expensive experience I've had in one day (not including the Cunard cruise).

Ditto, I'm now skint and Mr Finney can put the deposit down on the Aston Martin!

Great show mind, as always.

Archived