OO gauge class 59 Diesel locomotive

DJM Dave

The OO gauge class 59 is another much asked for locomotive built to a modern standard and with the detail modellers come to expect as standard.

This model is already in development within the factory in China and paint swatches etc have also been approved.

However these is still a way to go with this model and I would ideally love to produce the O&K hoppers as well but have been unable to source the plans for these as yet.

The model will feature a coreless motor, heavy chassis, directional lighting, etched grilles all round, separate wire handrails, DCC 21 pin decoder socket with a large space for a sound speaker, sprung buffers, alternate valances and super detailed bogies and of course alternate slide details for various versions.

Special editions available upon application from stockists.

OO59-001  59002 ‘Yeoman Enterprise’ in Foster Yeoman Livery

OO59-002 59103 ‘Village of Mells’ in ARC Mustard and Grey livery

OO59-003 59204 ‘Vale of Glamorgan’  National Power Livery

OO59-004 50206 ‘John F. Yeoman’ DBSchenker Livery

RRP IRO £139.95

post-1144-0-31198900-1406107029.jpg

post-1144-0-68505400-1406107045.jpg

post-1144-0-14282000-1406107069.jpg

Well, that saves me having to dismantle a 66 to do a pugsy. Has anybody actually told pugsy yet?

Somebody should approach Bachmann to release their freight liner hopper in NP livery with LTF bogies, would be a sure fire seller.

Ps- how about vale of York as the first release? Shorter name is easier to cover, unless yours are coming with etched nameplates/number plates?

Excellent choice. Although I model 1930's Westbury, there is often a 'blue' weekend and, having spent many happy hours on Westbury in the 70's/80's, I will be welcoming 59002 to my layout.

Added bonus with Peter's Spares now an official stockist. I am not at home at the moment, otherwise it would have been a trip into Middlesbrough this afternoon.

Mike Wiltshire

Hi Dave,

I'd just like to offer my 'Hugest Thanks Possible' for producing the 71' and the 59'.

These two are 'must haves' for my layout of 'Stewarts Lane', which should be ready to accept these models just around the same time as they are available.

Best Wishes for your future endeavours,

MANY THANKS!

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

Another cracking model Dave, as I model in mid 60s and 2000 post nationalisation I can justify this one and replace my Lima/Hornby models. Your proposed models for 'OO' gauge are stunning. Congratulations and I wish you success.

• RMweb Gold

Not my scene (in modelling terms) at all but we did have 59103 on our 5,000 tonne trailing load trial out of Whatley so I can claim some sort of emotional link with a class for which I had a lot of time as a railway operator.  A very good choice for the modeller of the modern(ish) railway and I hope it's the commercial success it deserves to be.

Dave, you are my hero!!

This loco is what started my interest in railways.  Quite a few livery variations to cover, so should be a good seller for many years.

Just need Bif to sort out some sounds for it, as they are quite different to the 66's.

Any ideas on timescales for this project?

Thanks again,

Rich :sungum: 

As to the hopper wagon drawings, have you asked on the DEMU forum, someone on there is sure to have some. Or even a request in the help section on here?

Good thinking, I'll do that.

You understand why I didn't want to ask before today? ;-)

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Wow Dave! I cant see me buying one of these myself, but this is bound to be a popular model, especially to your usual high standards. 

I think its safe to say that your announcements are absolutely fantastic! 

Archived