OO Gauge class 71 Electric Locomotive

DJM Dave

I put all 3 weathered version in the cabinet to show people what i wouldnt accept and to give them the peace of mind that although it means a couple of weeks delay, getting it correct was the important thing.

Oh and before someone mentions it, the cab handrails will be adjusted and not stick out like the handles on the F.A. Cup. lol

Overall lots of fantastic comments, from 'the model has presence' to 'glad i've ordered your version' etc etc. Left me feeling rather good at the end of the day.

cheers

Dave

Very nice to see the Hattons Golden Arrow versions for the first time too.

Yup, the G.A.'s look rather nice don't they. 

• Like 5

I put all 3 weathered version in the cabinet to show people what i wouldnt accept and to give them the peace of mind that although it means a couple of weeks delay, getting it correct was the important thing.

Oh and before someone mentions it, the cab handrails will be adjusted and not stick out like the handles on the F.A. Cup. lol

Overall lots of fantastic comments, from 'the model has presence' to 'glad i've ordered your version' etc etc. Left me feeling rather good at the end of the day.

cheers

Dave

Yup, the G.A.'s look rather nice don't they. 

That, goes for,   me too.

So you should Dave, everyday.

• Like 1

The Golden Arrow one does look particularly good. Actually, all the green ones look good.

Such a pity that no 74 survived long enough to be preserved and painted (unauthentically) green so that it could be modelled by DJM....

Also, a Night Ferry version would be great, along with some CIWL sleepers and a fourgon....

• Like 1

Hi everyone, at last after a few more changes to the project the Class 71 is fully authorised for production pending the cab door hand rails being in line with the bodyside not sticking out like the handles on the F.A. cup. :nono:

I'm hoping production will start immediately, and if so all you you may all get your models a week or so before Christmas, but i'll keep you all advised.

Once again, thank you for being so supportive in this project. It wouldn't have been anything without you, quite literally.

I'm very proud to have been part of your lives for the last 2 years with this, in what was the first wholly Customer funded RTR Model Railway Locomotive, in the whole world.

Thank you

Cheers  :locomotive:

Dave

• Like 9

This is indeed the good news that so many of us have been waiting for! Some folk, including me, had begun to despair.  I am so looking forward to running some real quality class 71 models on my SR themed layout. I have four on order and will put in an order for one of the GA versions from Hattons.

If you would kindly keep us abreast of progress so that I can order my sound chips from DC Kits in good time to fit them and hopefully enjoy Christmas activities other than overeating and over imbibing.

Thanks

Hi everyone, at last after a few more changes to the project the Class 71 is fully authorised for production pending the cab door hand rails being in line with the bodyside not sticking out like the handles on the F.A. cup. :nono:

I'm hoping production will start immediately, and if so all you you may all get your models a week or so before Christmas, but i'll keep you all advised.

Once again, thank you for being so supportive in this project. It wouldn't have been anything without you, quite literally.

I'm very proud to have been part of your lives for the last 2 years with this, in what was the first wholly Customer funded RTR Model Railway Locomotive, in the whole world.

Thank you

Cheers  :locomotive:

Dave

• Like 1

It is very strange but, for some reason I find hard to describe, Dave's 71's look the part so much more than the Hornby ones, which are really very good themselves. I do mean the clean ones, and the dirty weathered ones look even better of course, notwithstanding the YTS application. 

Pity I cannot, under any circumstances, justify one, not until the 74 appears. This just whets the appetite to a ridiculously slobbering extent, what ever angle the ruddy handrails are at.

So......74 CAD done? Or see other thread???

Really good news.

Seriously, could an n scale model be crowdfunded? I hope this could be considered.

Regards

Gerry

Hi mate,

I'd seriously like to do a 71 in N gauge, however I'm all crowdfunded out at the minute, so it will have to wait ( if ever as I'm not promising). And the other non crowdfunding items have to come first, although the 92 is fast tracked and so will alleviate the backlog if only by a self imposed 1 item in the range. Lol

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I might like to read that.  But the link shows me one line of text and the screen is then filled with a blue panel telling me I am using AdBlocker and refuses to show me the rest.  Of course I'm using AdBlocker - I want to read the story not the junk mail ;)  

I might like to read that.  But the link shows me one line of text and the screen is then filled with a blue panel telling me I am using AdBlocker and refuses to show me the rest.  Of course I'm using AdBlocker - I want to read the story not the junk mail ;)

Isn’t IT wonderful? I can read the article but can’t see Flickr links. The obvious reason is that I still use Vista (set to resemble Windows 95). I have a laptop with Windows Coreless 10 (somewhat less odious than 8) on it and I suppose that some day I shall have to start using it as my main machine. At the moment, it’s in a corner and used only for scanning and printing.

• RMweb Premium

:offtopic: At what point did IT cease to mean Intermediate Treatment / Intervention Treatment and flip to Information Technology? IT was always something a section of the population lived in some fear of when I was a little younger.  Funnily enough both can result in referral to the loony bin mental health establishments ;)

• RMweb Gold

I sent them an email saying that I already know how to turn my ad blocker off, and no way am I going to do so. If they don't want me to read their articles as a result, it's no skin off my nose. Shame, really.

Would it not be easier to just turn the ad blocker off for that one page?

If you write to them you're essentially saying "I want to be able to read your article for free". I'm coming from the book publishing world admittedly, but I don't think I'd be very sympathetic with that approach.

The ad-blocker pop-up says "We've noticed you are using an ad-blocker"

My ideal response would be "I've noticed that most internet ads seem to be flashing, moving, talking, singing, dancing distracting monstrosities, that even if they don't attempt to use all the resources on my computer, use that bug-ridden security nightmare plugin from a company named after a mud hut. Reassure me that your ads are no more distracting than those in the hard copy of your newspaper and I'll consider taking the ad-blocker off."

Oh, and I can scroll past the message to read the entire article about the 71.

Rant over. And breathe.

Edited by eastwestdivide