OO Gauge Hudswell Clarke 24t 0-6-0ST

DJM Dave

Brilliant choice of loco and ideal for both industrial and light railway modellers. This may prompt me to have a go at one of the latter - all we need now is an upgraded terrier. 

David C

Aha! One of my lineside industries is going to operate a little steam loco in its yard. (I know they could have had a Sentinel, but I like my steam locos in the classical external packaging.)

One request of the construction. If possible can the chimney, safety valve turret or whatever, (and if possible other detail like sandboxes) be produced as plug in parts which the owner can easily remove without any damage. That just ices the cake on this type of loco, as it is then easier to customise it with different parts, like replacing the chimney with a stovepipe or the latest thing in ejectors.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Finally. This is, if I'm not mistaken, the first genuinely industrial R-T-R steam loco, if you exclude the 'J94' types, which also count as a BR type.

Well done, Dave, well done indeed. A brave choice, but you'll not be disappointed in sales, I'm sure. You must have done your market research, so I'll say it again - well done!

Finally! A purpose build industrial! I will definitely be pre ordering one. This is a bit of a silly question, but, do you have any idea of when it will be released? Also, will the lined apple green be the same as the ixion hudswell clarke? Finally do you know when ill be able to order one?

Edited by thecheesemiester

Finally! A purpose build industrial! I will definitely be pre ordering one. This is a bit of a silly question, but, do you have any idea of when it will be released? Also, will the lined apple green be the same as the ixion hudswell clarke? Finally do you know when ill be able to order one?

Hi mate,

You should be able to order (expression of interest) from my web site in a couple of days, or from any DJM stockist from today ( in theory)

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

This is fantastic news!, Will have too get one or two of these for my new layout!.

Good to see these type of loco's being done,been to long for someone to bring to market some good industrial loco's

Darren 

Thanks! I was a little disappointed by the lack of any industrial models from bachmanns new catalogue, but this has really made my day. Hopefully this will bring a new lot of industrial models for oo gauge. It is strange that such a large portion of the countries preserved stock has been ignored for so long!

An industrial!

I like the choice of a Hudswell Clarke saddle tank.

This is fantastic.  I look forward to seeing this develop.

Will you be sharing pre-tooling images? 

Good luck on this one Dave - I think you've got a winner here.

• RMweb Gold

With a fledgling Isle of Wight layout progressing slowly I was not expecting anything particularly apt to be announced today but the Hudswell clarke is a close match (if slightly small) to the Manning Wardle saddle tank named 'Medina' owned by the 'Freshwater, Yarmouth and Newport Railway' on the Island.

It appears it was lined light green so a pre-order will be made asap

Result :locomotive: