Comet Models

artisan100

• RMweb Gold

I feel odd sounding all happy about this, I'm sure all of us wish Geoff was still at the reins, but I'm sure Andy will carry Comet Models forward. His customer focus is every bit as good as Geoff's was and I look forward to the range going from strength to strength :)

Geoff would approve I think.

• RMweb Gold

I can see this working very well especially with his online ordering option coming into its own hopefully, keeping the Comet website too as it's very informative. Great news indeed.

Delighted with this news. I hope Geoff's family have been well rewarded for their endeavours since Geoff's illness was diagnosed. I was amazed when an order I placed upon the news that Geoff was very poorly was fulfilled in a day or so by Tim and now knowing the circumstances under which that was achieved, my heart goes out to what must be an exceptional family.

Good luck to Andrew as well and I look forward to many more orders being fulfilled in the years to come.

Best wishes all round.

Stan

This is excellent news, good to see the Comet range returning so quickly.

I also understand that the non duplicate coaches from 247 Developments are going to Stephenson Coaches and Steam and Things in Oz are now back in production with their small range of etches (some interesting LNER articulated sets).

We now just need Martin Finneys loco kits to be back in production along with the Southwark Bridge range, North Eastern Designs coaches and Zenith Loco Kits and everything is back to where it was a year ago.

• RMweb Premium

I can see this working very well especially with his online ordering option coming into its own hopefully, keeping the Comet website too as it's very informative. Great news indeed.

Absolutely, I'm sure many would have been put off of buying their first Comet kit, simply because (like me) they were "phone shy".  

Thank you for all the nice and encouraging words so far - but if all the money ends up in the East Riding rather than North Lincolnshire then I'll be broke pretty soon!

I do hope to see Comet customers at Warley, and orders and card details will be accepted (if you pick a quiet moment), but as stated by Tim above, I won't have any stock sorted out until 8 December, and at this early stage I don't yet know what's packed and ready to go and what isn't. Early next week I will detail how orders can be placed, and a temporary workaround for paying online.

Thank you Tim and Mary for all your hard work so far, and I look forward to working with you over the next few weeks towards a smooth handover. And thanks also to Geoff Brewin for doing what he did with Comet, and I just wish the circumstances of the transfer could have been very different. 

.....as stated by Tim above, I won't have any stock sorted out until 8 December, and at this early stage I don't yet know what's packed and ready to go and what isn't. Early next week I will detail how orders can be placed, and a temporary workaround for paying online.....

Looking ahead to the future, Geoff did say to me to pester you about the chassis for the Robinson O4 / ROD 2-8-0 once you were set up......!

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for taking this on Andrew. I hope it brings you great success.

A quick question if I may? Do you think you will be in a position to fulfil orders in time for Christmas?

Many thanks.

Yup I hope so too - as a kit-building neophyte, the guide to chassis building is invaluable. Being able to download kit instructions and see exactly what's involved is also a real boon.

Congratulations to all concerned, Wizard are a familiar face at most of the shows I go to and and I'm pleased they are the new home of Comet :)

For those who are interested, the memorial fund in Dad's name will be closed and counted next week.  As the sale of Comet progresses, I will now start posting on RMWeb with my own ID, TimBrewin, and any postings relevant to the memorial fund, and research carried out with the proceeds, will be made with that ID rather than Artisan100.

• RMweb Gold

Tim, I'm sure that there are many on here that are so glad that your Dad's business, which has proved to be so important to us modellers, has been sold to a well respected firm like Wizard.

Over the years we have seen many excellent 'modelling' business after being sold disappear without trace.

Every success to you for the future Andrew.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest happenings at Comet and Wizard:

Mail order - I have now received the stock inventory and am able to start taking orders for Comet products. Pending addition of everything to the Wizard Models webshop, the easiest way to order is to give me a call on 01652 635885, so I can check the items you require against the stock list and take your card details. Please note that no payment will be taken until the goods are ready for despatch next week. Full details of all Comet products can still be found at http://www.cometmodels.co.uk, and the latest news at my new "sort of a blog", http://www.modelsignals.com/blog.htm.

Shows - a selection of Comet items (i.e. what I can fit in the van, probably just things like coach sides and loco frames) will be available at the St Albans and Pontefract shows. If there are any items you particularly wish to view or purchase, please let me know in advance so I know to bring them. I hope to have everything at the BRM Doncaster show, but this will depend on the organisers having extra space available. For subsequent shows, I will indicate on the blog how much of the range I expect to have on sale.

Any questions, just ask by phone or e-mail - andrew@modelsignals.com (this will get you a faster reply than a PM on here).

Archived