Comet Models

artisan100

Andrew

May I first thank you for taking over the range as your presence at shows in my area is very welcome and it will be great to be able to buy in the flesh as they say, and like many others wish you all the best for the future. See you in St Albans

Funnily enough we must have been discussing my order just before you posted your entry at 11.14am in post #153. Hope all goes well with the changeover and i look forward to 'business as usual' in future years.

Cheers,

Larry Goddard

Yes - I was editing it at the time. You must be psychic!

• RMweb Gold

One thing I find amazingly good and bad in this thread is that Geoff posted his first warning shot barely 4 months ago, and here we are now with his legacy safely in Andrews stewardship.

Mike.

Out of sadness and loss certainly to a safe pair of hands.

Mary + Tim Brewin would like to thank all Comet Models customers during the last four year for their support and loyalty to Comet.  Following negotiations with Wizard Models, the business will be transferred over the course of this weekend, and will be resumed on Monday under the ownership of Wizard Models.

During the course of the day, the Comet Models email address will be redirected to Wizard Models, and new contact details will be placed on the website.  For those of you who use more traditional methods, the postal address and telephone number are printed at the end of this email.

Today is a sad day in one way, but also a good day, as it will enable the Comet Models name to continue under the management of someone who knows the industry very well, and in addition to his already thriving businesses.

Mary + Tim would like to conclude by wishing Andrew Hartshorne every success at the helm of Comet Models, and by thanking everyone who has sent messages of support, sympathy or other kindness following the sad loss of Geoff earlier this year.

Good luck Andrew!

....also known informally as Western Poland.

I do hope Andrew will also consider offering models suitable for PKP/Polish State Railways layouts  :jester:

I saw a wonderful signpainted van in Slapding last week and it said<

"If you've got a leak, and you're getting wet.........who you gonna call?..............Pole Plumbers!"

In light of the recent postings on this thread, the last two seem, to me, not of an appropriate style. But then I'm reminded of the occasion of the funeral of an aunt. We drove in to the crematorium, and my then wife saw a sign "First aid post". He comment was "Isn't it a bit late for that" and we couldn't help but laugh, which made the whole ceremony seem far more appropriate for my aunt, as that was exactly the sort of comment she'd have made!

So perhaps humour is a good way to lighten a sad subject.

In closing, thanks to Tim for the way you've kept us informed about the news and events. I don't know whether you are in to model railways, but if you are, please stay around on RM Web as people with such worthy values as yourself will always be welcome among us.

Best wishes

Phil

If I may add my 2 cents.  I met Geoff at the Leamington show and Andrew at Warley/NEC, so I feel connected in a spiritual way, being a Warwickshire man.  I have followed this thread and added to it from time to time and it is time for me to say that sweetness has come out of sorrow.  We will all have good memories of Geoff but we also know that his hard work has been passed on to a knowledgeable pair of hands.  Thank you, Tim and Mary, for your dedication.

Now, I need to open that box of bits and bobs that will eventually make a Caprotti Black 5.

• RMweb Gold
Posted Today, 13:11

The first full day of trading as Comet - and the website's down! According to the Comet ISP, this is due to a major BT fault in Birmingham, so there's not a lot I can do about it. I'll post again when normal service is restored.

Seems to be working OK from The Dark Peak. Perhaps someone has the wrong kind of snow.

Archived