Comet Models

artisan100

Hi,

I have been trying since Monday to make contact with the new people at Comet Models. I had placed an order with Geoff Brewin just before he got sick and it was going to be dealt with by Tim who emailed me to say they were working through a backlog of orders and enquiries, only too be expected given the circumstances. In any event my order didn't get processed, so I am now chasing it though the new owner(s).

Each time I send an email it is returned by andrew@modelsignals.co.uk, is there another email address I can use as the Comet one seems be hexed.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Could you not copy and paste the email address into your mail then it might work?

By the way, I think folk should be a bit more patient. Andrew probably only unloaded 'Comet' on Monday morning yesterday, (maybe Sunday if he had returned to Lincs by then). Give the man a break and also time to get sorted. Yes he is in business and provides a service but, hey, we are modellers, not Black Friday *******!

P

Hi all

I can confirm there was a problem in the email redirect, caused by a misunderstanding which I believe has now been ironed out.  This is partly my fault, so apologies for that.  The email address sales@cometmodels.co.uk should now redirect to Major Clanger, who is the new owner of Comet Models.

All I can say is please try again if you have any emails which have bounced back...

Tim

Hi all

I can confirm there was a problem in the email redirect, caused by a misunderstanding which I believe has now been ironed out.  This is partly my fault, so apologies for that.  The email address sales@cometmodels.co.uk should now redirect to Major Clanger, who is the new owner of Comet Models.

All I can say is please try again if you have any emails which have bounced back...

Tim

It should redirect, but it still doesn't.  Please hang fire on emails, or email andrew@modelsignals.co.uk

The correct e-mail address is andrew@modelsignals.com, and not .co.uk. The .co.uk lot are someone completely different and nothing to do with Wizard Models, Comet Models, Model Signal Engineering etc. Maybe this is why the redirect is not working?

I have pointed this out to the ISP and asked them to modify the redirect to point it to the correct email account.  This hadn't been done when I made my last post #190.  I have just sent another test email and hope not to see it come back as undeliverable this time.

I have pointed this out to the ISP and asked them to modify the redirect to point it to the correct email account.  This hadn't been done when I made my last post #190.  I have just sent another test email and hope not to see it come back as undeliverable this time.

All email difficulties now seem to be resolved.  It should now be possible to contact Andrew via sales@cometmodels.co.uk as well as the email address on the Wizard Models website.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The Wizard site may display correctly, but the ordering system does NOT work on Safari (version 6.1.6, at least) and I have pointed this out to Andrew several times.

I too have failed to get it (the ordering part) to work correctly on any version of Safari. Had this not have happened each time I would have ordered items. As I couldn't order them, and couldn't be bothered to faff about downloading other browsers, I gave up on the order and either did without, went with a competing product or scratch build my own.

• RMweb Premium

I too have failed to get it (the ordering part) to work correctly on any version of Safari. Had this not have happened each time I would have ordered items. As I couldn't order them, and couldn't be bothered to faff about downloading other browsers, I gave up on the order and either did without, went with a competing product or scratch build my own.

You could have picked up the phone and ordered ,  I did just that and the bits arrived in two days . Just saying .

I'm using Safari version 8.0.2 (latest).  If you don't want to update or can't for some reason why not download Firefox for Mac.

While this is hardly the thread to talk about software, just to put things straight: I am told that the latest Safari version only works with Yosemite (and perhaps Mavericks, but I don't know). Neither Mavericks nor Yosemite has received universally good write-ups, so I'm sticking with OSX 10.8. With the Safari that goes with that, Wizard's ordering does not work. Firefox and Safari together eventually clash and freeze the system (rare for a Mac, but true) and I'm not binning Safari just because one supplier's web site does not work properly!

Anyway, I send an e-mail or do what Sidecar Racer suggests… but given what 21st century technology is supposed to do for us and for commerce, it seems a bit of a backward step!

:laugh:

• RMweb Gold

........ and I'm not binning Safari just because one supplier's web site does not work properly!

Anyway, I send an e-mail or do what Sidecar Racer suggests… but given what 21st century technology is supposed to do for us and for commerce, it seems a bit of a backward step!

:laugh:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. Are you suggesting that small suppliers pay somebody to keep up with retrograde updates that stop things from working, or are you suggesting that the developers of software should take legacy systems into account?

• RMweb Premium

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there. Are you suggesting that small suppliers pay somebody to keep up with retrograde updates that stop things from working, or are you suggesting that the developers of software should take legacy systems into account?

Problem is that the ordering part has never in my experience worked with older versions, or the current one. It's not a case of making it work with older systems, more making it work full stop.

Archived