Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

• RMweb Gold

The LSWR T3, possibly?.  That had just arrived at Locomotion on our first visit. 

Absolutely gorgeous but limited appeal, maybe.

Probably about the same as any other pre-group prototype that didn't survive in service beyond WW2?

John

Unless I'm being wound up, I did hear that I would be pleased with the news.  As my modelling is based upon BR Eastern Region in the crossover period, my guess would be steam, ex LNER and still running in the 60's.

They're right, I would be pleased, but then we often hear what we want to hear…:-)

Another A4?  Surely not.  That leaves 'Green Arrow' as a possibility, but Bachmann revamped the V2 just a while ago.

Mind you, an N7 would be nice..

Edited by gordon s

Is no-one going to bite on this helpful suggestion? Perhaps people actually enjoy the suspense more than the fact!

he is welcome to pm me a link and i can read it for him that way we both learn what it will be! lol

Edited by ThaneofFife

• RMweb Premium

The D34 4-4-0 Glens are some of the most elegant locomotives around. If a rtr manufacturer sees fit to light upon them, I am sure many would be delighted, and purchase ........

John

Me too! But its not at the NRM . Its in the Glasgow Riverside Museum. Now if we could get them interested in special commissions we could have a Jones Goods and GNoSR Gordon Highlander too. Along with a Caly 4-2-2 , but I think there are enough old models of the latter already!

NRM special edition. Got to be GNR Atlantic but given the balloon busting announcements from Bachmann recently I wouldn't be surprised if its a Wickham track trolley, is there one of these at NRM.........Just a thought!

But, really why can't we just announce models now and be done with it? It does look like some people get off on being constantly in a state of anticipation. Its like when they announce winners on TV now, and the winner is...........du-dum, du dum , du, dum...................... Oh get on with it! You can almost nip out and make a cup of teaa while they announce it! Countrys gone mad!

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Unless I'm being wound up, I did hear that I would be pleased with the news.  As my modelling is based upon BR Eastern Region in the crossover period, my guess would be steam, ex LNER and still running in the 60's.

They're right, I would be pleased, but then we often hear what we want to hear…:-)

Another A4?  Surely not.  That leaves 'Green Arrow' as a possibility, but Bachmann revamped the V2 just a while ago.

Mind you, an N7 would be nice..

Bachmann didn't revamp the ineffectual V2 body though!  

Judging by post 5, it's out now, but perhaps only to subscribers…

Yes, it is reaching subscribers now, and Locomotion does have an advertisement announcing the APT-E and another new model. I guess they decided that the publication date was about right for their announcement and - as is not uncommon - MR is reaching subscribers a few days earlier than usual. Subscribers - let's keep the secret as long as we can!

CHRIS LEIGH

Edited by dibber25

But, really why can't we just announce models now and be done with it? It does look like some people get off on being constantly in a state of anticipation. Its like when they announce winners on TV now, and the winner is...........du-dum, du dum , du, dum...................... Oh get on with it! You can almost nip out and make a cup of teaa while they announce it! Countrys gone mad!

Because it would stop all the wishlisting and frothing that seems to be such an important part of the hobby these days. How would people get their enjoyment?

What would people do if they couldn't sit at a key board writing about;

1. What they want to happen.
  2. What they think will happen.
  3. What they liked when it does happen.
  4. Why they didn't like what happened.
  5. How they could run the RTR manufacturers better than those that actually do.
  6. Etc. etc.

I am sure the manufacturers prefer all the conjecture which provides them with free publicity and advertising. Announcing that you are going to announce something is common in many sectors of the consumer industry.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Yes, it is reaching subscribers now, and Locomotion does have an advertisement announcing the APT-E and another new model. I guess they decided that the publication date was about right for their announcement and - as is not uncommon - MR is reaching subscribers a few days earlier than usual. Subscribers - let's keep the secret as long as we can!

CHRIS LEIGH

My subscriber copy has just arrived.The secret is out,I'm afraid.

• RMweb Gold

Not unless you tell us, Ian, and I don't believe you will.

Iwould be the LAST to do that.....PLEASE KEEP THE SECRET,folks.Please don't spoil it for the folks at Shildon.It means a lot to them,please believe me.

Edited by Ian Hargrave

Well, well. Who'd have thought it!  It's not online (yet) but my order's in as soon as the shop answers the phone!

Edit following phone call:

Apparently not taking orders until next Wednesday as, "we won't have our system set up to accept orders 'til then......."

How long ago did they have to put the advert in to MR?

Ah, well, it'll be worth waiting for, and perhaps I can build some coaches to go with it, like the ones I saw at Sherringham (oops!)

Edited by Adams442T

Well, well. Who'd have thought it!  It's not online (yet) but my order's in as soon as the shop answers the phone!

I wonder how many calls they'll get this morning….

"Hello, I'd like to order one"

'One what'?

"I don't know, but I want one"...

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

My Model Rail dropped through the letterbox this morning and the new model is......

No idea, I left it in it's bag and set off to work!

• Like 1

Thanks for maintaining the silence on it folks, I hope everyone continues to do so. If someone leaks it just hit the report link on such a post and I'll deal with it as soon as is possible.

• Like 2