Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

• RMweb Gold

My sub copy hasn't arrived yet...

Neither has mine - perhaps this can now become a thread about delays for the subscriber copies and that will help maintain the NRM's secret as there will then be a big debate about breaking forum rules and changing the course of the thread and we can have a couple of pages about disagree buttons?

Edited by The Stationmaster

Worth looking at the Museum's shop site chaps, cats out of the bag!! Guess there ll be one happy chappy on here!

What, This?

Childrens-Train-Engineer-Outfit

http://www.nrmshop.co.uk/product/359009/Childrens-Train-Engineer-Outfit.html

I know a happy chappy that could be happy with that announcement, but it's a little too er small for me!

• RMweb Gold

Model Rail has now arrived, the post round here really can be very unreliable delivery time wise but at least the plastic bag hasn't been opened - unlike 'Model Railroader' which often arrived with the bag opened; I do wish people modelling the US scene would buy their own magazines. A number of pic of narrow gauge ROD engines from WWI, could be a hint that Bachmann have something in mind  -  oops, wrong thread.

If this Brit thing with wishlists and new release speculations ever dies out, most forums and newsgroups would become see a big drop in message traffic lol

Jim F

indeed and just as many supporters as objectioners too so that the latter would have to find some other non issue to holler about and try to take the higher moral ground on! :) Edited by ThaneofFife
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Kernow have published all the details in their weekly newsletter email, which I've just received.  They also have it available for pre-order on their website.

EDIT:  My confusion - see Graham's post below!

Edited by RFS

• RMweb Gold

Sorry RFS you have got wires crossed. The details Kernow have in their newsletter is about the Model Rail limited edition steam locomotive release (a livery variant  from an existing tooling) which is separate to the NRM/Locomotion Models announcement due 29th July which is exclusive to the NRM/LM

If it is leaked any more widely, I will need to avoid internet and shops for a few days.

I hope its not like the Likely Lads, avoiding knowing the score of the England Match before it was shown on television. :O

Thanks for maintaining the silence on it folks, I hope everyone continues to do so. If someone leaks it just hit the report link on such a post and I'll deal with it as soon as is possible.

I have the magazine and thus know the answer. I am not going to state it here as the general opinion seems to be that I shouldn't.

I don't claim to understand the reasons though. This is not a secret, or confidential information or anything that is going to spoil their announcement next week. The information is in the public domain as it is in a magazine that has already been published, via an advertisement placed by Locomotion themselves. It is already common knowledge.

We are akin to the child who sticks their fingers in their ears and shouts LA LA LA as loud as they to avoid hearing something that they don't want to hear but which everyone else can. We are in strange territory indeed as a forum if we are not allowed to discuss something that anyone with half an interest will already know.

ROB

PS And I really don't mind if everyone presses their Disagree button as often as they like! :) At least it will prove my post has been read!

• Like 1

Simply because I choose to uphold agreements I've made with people over publication of material. If someone finds out before from a definitive source then that's fine (as long as they keep it off air) but it then becomes a grey area on dealing with leaked material unless we have agreed methods in place. In this case I'll wait to publish any official press release.

If I didn't care and had a poor reputation in maintaining integrity the forum wouldn't get some of the material it does ahead of the pack.

• Like 6

I think Robs got a point. One of the lads at work had the new Model Rail yesterday and at least two of us had a thumb through it. So how many other subscribers have had their magazines looked at. I know my father when he comes round is always straight in my latest copies. (To tight to buy his own LOL). So if the information is public the NRN either wasn't that concerned or dropped a bit of a clanger.

Either way the information is in the public domain.

Marcus

• Like 1

Simply because I choose to uphold agreements I've made with people over publication of material. If someone finds out before from a definitive source then that's fine (as long as they keep it off air) but it then becomes a grey area on dealing with leaked material unless we have agreed methods in place. In this case I'll wait to publish any official press release.

If I didn't care and had a poor reputation in maintaining integrity the forum wouldn't get some of the material it does ahead of the pack.

Totally respect why you obviously don't want it leaked on here Andy as that is down to Professionalism and the reputation of the forum as a whole. Edited by Marcus 37

• RMweb Premium

If it is leaked any more widely, I will need to avoid internet and shops for a few days.

I hope its not like the Likely Lads, avoiding knowing the score of the England Match before it was shown on television. :O

There has been early mist and cloud over the North East Coast for a couple of days, wonder how long it will linger? :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

I think Robs got a point. One of the lads at work had the new Model Rail yesterday and at least two of us had a thumb through it. So how many other subscribers have had their magazines looked at. I know my father when he comes round is always straight in my latest copies. (To tight to buy his own LOL). So if the information is public the NRN either wasn't that concerned or dropped a bit of a clanger.

Either way the information is in the public domain.

Marcus

I think we've been here before. Advertisers place their ad in good faith that it will appear after the due date. Printers and distributors - no doubt thinking they will please everybody - get the mag out and about slightly early, and this situation arises. "Big Bang" announcements with fanfare of trumpets are what is usual these days in many walks of life, and Locomotion are entitled to their buck for their bang, not a damp squib. And, finally, this is Andy Y's place and his rules prevail. Anything else is called anarchy - vide much of the Internet.

I've kept scthum as requested (having rung the shop earlier this week, wanting to pre-order and in a brainless moment getting the announcement dates mixed up accordingly) and intend to keep scthum for the enjoyment of others - but can someone explain to me how it is "leaked material" if it is in printed magazine, in a paid for advertisement, the publishing dates and delivery of which is known?

I think for anyone to intimate that Model Rail have somehow leaked the news due to their publication is a bit off to be honest.

And, finally, this is Andy Y's place and his rules prevail.

Last time I checked, RMweb was now owned by Warners and Andy York was an employee of Warners? So no, strictly speaking that's not true.

• Like 2

I think we've been here before. Advertisers place their ad in good faith that it will appear after the due date. Printers and distributors - no doubt thinking they will please everybody - get the mag out and about slightly early, and this situation arises. "Big Bang" announcements with fanfare of trumpets are what is usual these days in many walks of life, and Locomotion are entitled to their buck for their bang, not a damp squib. And, finally, this is Andy Y's place and his rules prevail. Anything else is called anarchy - vide much of the Internet.

At the end of the day Andy (for our benefit) probably knows more than we could possibly imagine through trust from the manufacturers. At the end of the day he is the face of this forum and if the members start leaking information, no matter where it comes from, then that information may not be so forthcoming, which certainly won't be of any benefit to any of us.

Marcus.

May I add for avoidance of doubt (in case my post above reads - as I think on reflection it does - a bit abrupt), I said the above simply to be factual in that being stated - no axe to grind at all, I agree if there are agreements in place regarding publishing of information that they should be kept to regardless of that happening elsewhere.

I think for anyone to intimate that Model Rail have somehow leaked the news due to their publication is a bit off to be honest.

Several references have been made prior to said publication (leaks) and even if subscribers have a copy sat in front of them I'm asking that they don't spoil it for other readers of the magazine who haven't had their copies yet or for readers of the forum.

Last time I checked, RMweb was now owned by Warners and Andy York was an employee of Warners? So no, strictly speaking that's not true.

I don't legally own the site but I do manage it so semantics aside I do determine day to day approaches to individual issues. I'm proud of the continued growth and usage that the site exhibits and the relationship with manufacturers, commercial partners and traders so I don't intend spoiling the consistent approach we've had in dealing with such matters.

• Like 8