Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

• RMweb Gold

But it isn't, it's two-hourly during the day (I looked last time I was going there and decided against rail travel simply because of that) and no matter how aesthetically pleasing Darlington is it's of little interest to someone who needs to be in Shildon; paying for an overpriced coffee doesn't help either.

Therefore your 'rubbish' comment is somewhat inappropriate.

Waiting for a train at Darlington doesn't seem that bad when the previous leg of the journey entailed a half hour wait at Middlesboro.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Actually I have planned a slightly extended connection at Darlington (only on the Down journey) to have a mooch around the station and see how much of it has survived - although I know full well from passing through/stopping there that the track layout was slashed to ribbons during ECML resignalling and most of the operational interest has gone with it, or rather had gone long before then.

As far as I'm concerned an overnight stop in York on Monday should position me just nicely for a leisurely final stage northwards so it's part of the day out having a look at Darlington as well as a look at Locomotion itself if time permits.  Mind you the return trains off the branch are timed on the wrong hours to be ideal so I doubt I'll be looking at the oohs, ahs, and groans which will presumably emerge on RMweb as some are happy, some think it's the wrong thing, and others find some holes to pick in whatever it is for whatever reason they come up with.  

Now should I be checking upon details of Shannon/Jane at Didcot tomorrow - only Castle can guide me on that one ;)

• Like 2

My wife is from Darlington and many a sad and happy time was spent on the platform waiting for the train to arrive to take me away or for her waiting on the platform for the train to bring me to her(you will have to ask her which brought her more joy me arriving or leaving)! Is the new model a scan of us waving goodbye or in a passionate clinch on the platform?

Cheers

Mark

Edited by reevesthecat
  • Like 1

My wife is from Darlington and many a sad and happy time was spent on the platform waiting for the train to arrive to take me away or for her waiting on the platform for the train to bring me to her(you will have to ask her which brought her more joy me arriving or leaving)! Is the new model a scan of us waving goodbye or in a passionate clinch on the platform?

Cheers

Mark

So long as you aren't the models for those Noch figures, you're probably on safe ground!

• RMweb Gold

I think you will find Darlington is at the other end of the universe.... Can we please get back on the topic of not talking about Tuesday's announcement.... Using the probibility drive I can tell you it's neither a whale or a bowl of petunias!

One person evidently thinks it WILL be a whale or a bowl of petunias! :jester:

If you are going to ships on take cash with you for food. The time I went the cafe didn't take card payment, and I could not find a cash machine anywhere. The shop took cards but didn't sell food. I ended up going hungry.

If you are going to ships on take cash with you for food. The time I went the cafe didn't take card payment, and I could not find a cash machine anywhere. The shop took cards but didn't sell food. I ended up going hungry.

I think you win a prize for the most 'off topic' post on RMWeb…. :D

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In fact if you can't talk about it, what's the point of it. I'd lock it till whatever day it's announced. Just as the Bachmann thread that ran from Christmas this thread is just going to whip up froth and excitement , where people are speculating on a significant announcement which may not turn out to be that significant! Still I have learned quite a lot about train services fro Shildon to Darlington.

• Like 1

I hope the new model will be a Singular success. I fancy the idea of an LNER micro representing operations around Hull in the 1930s with a fleet consisting of Aerolite, a Model Rail Sentinel and a Sentinel steam railcar.

Actually I have planned a slightly extended connection at Darlington (only on the Down journey) to have a mooch around the station and see how much of it has survived - although I know full well from passing through/stopping there that the track layout was slashed to ribbons during ECML resignalling and most of the operational interest has gone with it, or rather had gone long before then.

As far as I'm concerned an overnight stop in York on Monday should position me just nicely for a leisurely final stage northwards so it's part of the day out having a look at Darlington as well as a look at Locomotion itself if time permits.  Mind you the return trains off the branch are timed on the wrong hours to be ideal so I doubt I'll be looking at the oohs, ahs, and groans which will presumably emerge on RMweb as some are happy, some think it's the wrong thing, and others find some holes to pick in whatever it is for whatever reason they come up with.  

Now should I be checking upon details of Shannon/Jane at Didcot tomorrow - only Castle can guide me on that one ;)

Check out Shildon station - not the one where you get off the train - but right beside it is the original, sadly all boarded up and derelict but still all there. OUGHT to be done up as part of the museum.

CHRIS LEIGH

available to order on this link to the NRM shop.

https://www.nrmshop.co.uk/product/356008/Bubble-Train.html

No need to make froth.. it's ready to run now..

I wish they'd picked a different livery though, my rubber duck won't like it.

The limited edition Bachmann budget has gone down a bit

Rhys

Edited by WD0-6-0

• RMweb Premium

I think thats about the right model for some on here :) :) :)

Well it does nothing for me. It's not an Atlantic , I won't be buying it! Hugely disappointed

Edited by Legend

available to order on this link to the NRM shop.

https://www.nrmshop.co.uk/product/356008/Bubble-Train.html

No need to make froth.. it's ready to run now..

I wish they'd picked a different livery though, my rubber duck won't like it.

Clearly based on a character invented as a commercial tie in with a record company for the non-Awdry "Thomas" stories:  Michael the Buble train.  Spends all his time singing jazz and swing numbers much to the annoyance of the other engines but knicker-gusset threateningly attractive to female passengers.  Whilst the Fat Controller is not impressed by the late running he causes as trains are delayed by swooning female passengers needing first aid, the Permatanned Director of Brand Awareness and Marketing loves the 20% increase in fare revenue Michael the Buble Train has generated plus the £1m pound record deal he signed for his first album deal.

Britt Alcroft, you missed a trick there...