Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

In fact if you can't talk about it, what's the point of it. I'd lock it till whatever day it's announced. Just as the Bachmann thread that ran from Christmas this thread is just going to whip up froth and excitement , where people are speculating on a significant announcement which may not turn out to be that significant! Still I have learned quite a lot about train services fro Shildon to Darlington.

I've found this one of the more fun threads, totally irrelevant to the OP, but fun and quite gripping.

The answer is out there somewhere it's just trying to work out who is a MR subscriber and therefore what hints they have left. A great puzzle for the sleuths to solve.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've found this one of the more fun threads, totally irrelevant to the OP, but fun and quite gripping.

The answer is out there somewhere it's just trying to work out who is a MR subscriber and therefore what hints they have left. A great puzzle for the sleuths to solve.

I think there's a big hint on the DEMU forum.................

BICBW

Cheers,

Mick

available to order on this link to the NRM shop.

https://www.nrmshop.co.uk/product/356008/Bubble-Train.html

No need to make froth.. it's ready to run now..

I wish they'd picked a different livery though, my rubber duck won't like it.

Actually my grand daughter is gonna just  love this (as part of my on-going "trains are cool" campaign.)  I'll have to keep it until she's two, mind.  Thanks for the heads up (seriously).

But no sprung buffers? Must be new Bachmann.

• Like 3

It was ment to say shildon but predictive text had a mind of its own.

Ah, now it makes sense.  I was thinking I'd had more wacky backy than usual…..

Any other non subscribers to MR know what it is yet?  I'm still in the dark despite trawling the web based on the clues that have been left.  Please say it's an N7…. :D

Edit: Even tried the DEMU forum but they won't let me in.  Wrong handshake…..

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Ah, now it makes sense.  I was thinking I'd had more wacky backy than usual…..

Any other non subscribers to MR know what it is yet?  I'm still in the dark despite trawling the web based on the clues that have been left.  Please say it's an N7…. :D

I've seen one or two clues that people may have been leaving - or maybe they were red herrings. I was longing to join in with one, but feared if he was right I would be blackballed by Andy Y!

Is 89001 "the badger" part of the collection?

Nah.Cant be that surely......

Owned by the AC Loco Group http://www.aclocogroup.co.uk/stock89001.php

Never understood the appeal of this loco, it's ugly, a one-off freak and wasn't terribly reliable.  A complete dead end that even had the misfortune to be named by Mad Thatch, the only time she ever got close to one of those "awful train thingies".  I know I would love more AC traction in OO but I wouldn't be very happy if this took up valuable production slots.  I'd rather it was something steamy!

• RMweb Gold

I look forward to the announcement and spending some of my hard earned cash on yet another excellent NRM/Bachmann limited edition.

Oh well in that case i can summise its something LNER and that it wont interest me!!

In the NRM collection, there are only 4 steam locos that really interest which have not been modelled in the following order of preference:

737, SECR D class - Bachmann have not done a.4-4-0 from the south yet. But they do have the tender already tooled up (same as C class). This would fly out the door being more popular than the Preserved C class. It would also compliment better thee SECR birdcage coaches they are planning.

1, Stirling single. Such a beauty. We would need coaches though.

251, C1 Atlantic. I stated in another thread that this is the most likely candidate. Similar to the H2 that was suddenly announced in the middle of last year, currently no RTR Atlantic in the British range, but this loco is famous for the race to the north, a precursor to the famous Gresleys pacifics. Would still need coaches though.

Gladstone, same époque as the Stirling! Carley and Lord of the isles singles , only from the south.

Doubtless other subjects are certainly interesting to be modelled, but the above 4 are my top preferences in the collection.

Edited by JSpencer

If we are talking historic steam my vote would be for LNWR 2-4-0 no 790, Hardwicke.  Although only available in 50 shades of black, some of the class made it into LMS days and so probably has more potential to enter the main Bachmann range than perhaps it's East Coast rival in the races to the north.

But I would say that preferring the black side of the country.

• Like 1