Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

I,m not happy with the progress of my order.C1in LNER LIVERY I placed

it back in April 14 via online and received an email order conformation , shipping was 10 days to Australia . I have sent several emails requesting an update.to both the website contact form and orders@locomotion..... No reply . Anyone else having a problem or am I doing something wrong ?

A very similar experience Chev32.

I'm in Canada, I ordered a C1 in LNER livery, paid deposit and then balance some time back.

I raised the question in this forum about receiving and email notification that that the Order had been posted.

I was advised no email, but that I would receive an update and tracking number if I inboxed my details.

No response.

I contacted Locomotion directly by their website to enquire if it had been posted and for any tracking info.

No response.

I will phone them tomorrow to see what they can advise.

Gary

I,m not happy with the progress of my order.C1in LNER LIVERY I placed

it back in April 14 via online and received an email order conformation , shipping was 10 days to Australia . I have sent several emails requesting an update.to both the website contact form and orders@locomotion..... No reply . Anyone else having a problem or am I doing something wrong ?

Seeing when they seem to have arrived at Shildon it can be hardly ten days yet for it to have arrived down under.

Probably dealing with loads of emails from impatient folk is causing further delays to other customers.

UK law I believe is up to 28 days so patience dear boy.

It is worth waiting for.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

Please also remember that Locomotion is in terms of personnel a small outfit,so naturally it's not going to be a quick as Hattons for example.You could pm them ( Sandra ) from this forum as she frequently posts.Give it a go if you are concerned but I'm sure you have little need to worry.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones,

As soon as I read on this thread that they had arrived in Shildon I ordered an LNER C1 on Friday May 8th, late at night, running around the layout in Baltimore Maryland on Thursday May 14th!

Alan

I am in the UK and ordered two (one for a friend) and they arrived 2 days later.

You cannot ask for more.

From my experience answering e-mails and cross checking overseas deliveries with tracking numbers is a pretty futile and time consuming business. The tracking simply says 'en-route' so there is little more you can say rather than 'We despatched it on this date"

Tony

Most of the things I order are tracked to the US using DHL. You can see quite a lot of detail including when it's in customs, cleared customs, left international hub, arrived local delivery depot, on truck for delivery, then delivered. It's as good or better than what I've seen internal in the UK.

• RMweb Gold

I agree, DHL give quite good information.

There's a downside though.  A few years back I arranged for an urgent shipment to go to a customer in Scotland by air, via Glasgow Prestwick airport.  I was able to track the delivery from start to finish including a lengthy trip around the Highlands on the final delivery lorry.  The only snag was that the customer was actually inside the perimeter of Prestwick airport!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody..... after a manic couple of months and loads of models,tape and boxes later I think we have caught up on everything.  If I haven't replied to anyone or sorted out a problem before now, my sincerest apologies you have my permission to ring me and tell me off!! (don't shout though!)

I hope you all like the models and they run as they should.!!

Cheers

Sandra

• Like 2

Hello everybody..... after a manic couple of months and loads of models,tape and boxes later I think we have caught up on everything.  If I haven't replied to anyone or sorted out a problem before now, my sincerest apologies you have my permission to ring me and tell me off!! (don't shout though!)

Cheers

Sandra

I like my 251 model and  it runs as it should.

Thanks for the really excellent service,

Bill

Edited by railroadbill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers

Sandra

Well done Sandra!

• Like 1

I wonder if Sandra is able to tell us which versions of the model have been the best and worst sellers as a percentage of the quantities manufactured so far? Or would she have to kill us if she told us that?

All the versions have been great sellers. Every modeller likes each one for a different reason. It could fit the period of their layout, it could have a family connection, or pure nostalgia. There are also collectors who have no intention of running them, it's an addition to there nrm exclusive/LNER/1900s etc collections. I hear so many nice stories from so many nice people on the reasons why they picked this one of that one.

I'm happy if you get the models you want, and everything works as it should and you get value for money (which I think you have, these are stunners!) let's see what comes next......................

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

Finally got around to collecting my LNER liveried one over the weekend. Omne trium perfectum....

Altx3.JPG

• Like 11

Jealousy is not enough to describe my feelings right now, I'll be in shildon in a few days but will have to make do with looking longingly at the LNER version. I am very happy with my GNR version and would not swap it for the LNER version, I'd just like to compliment it

Guest spet0114

Jealousy is not enough to describe my feelings right now, I'll be in shildon in a few days but will have to make do with looking longingly at the LNER version. I am very happy with my GNR version and would not swap it for the LNER version, I'd just like to compliment it

If it's any consolation, I had to sell off quite a few older models and cancel several pre-orders to make room for my three. It was worth it though... :)

I am indebted to Andrew Emmett in Aus for comment on the con-rods which has allowed me to tinker with mine today, with the following outcome:

Although the originals definitely crack when straightened cold, it is in fact possible to solder to them (after cleaning up)and with two Peco fibre washers slipped onto each end of each axle plus a spacing washer between the con-rod and coupling rod at the big end, there’s plenty of room for a layer of 12 thou nickel silver on the back of each con-rod. In OO there's still plenty of clearance behind the steps too. Ability to negotiate unrealistic hairpin bends may not be quite what it was ex-factory of course.

My LNER loco now has straight con-rods, green splasher tops, green handrails and green cab interior. I feel it looks the better for those changes, and obviously it pulls better with its added weight. Now of course I have to consider painting the front of the tender green......

Edited by gr.king

Nope. It's going on a set of Hornby/Keen/Comet 1928 Pullmans that were started a couple of years ago. :)

Whether it's a bargain or not depends on it's condition. Seems strange that a new model has ended up in Cash Converters though.

Thanks for the heads up Wiloughby Glen!  :good:

Jason

• Like 1