Bachmann NRM/Locomotionmodels.com - GNR Ivatt C1

Singular shouldnt have a capital unless it is at the start of a sentence but a stirling effort.:-) I havnt read Model Rail in fact I've never read Model Rail .

Edited by alfsboy

4 Engines?!

The D17 is at Shildon and looking sublime. Quite worthy of being selected to be a model of Bachmanns desire to model the NRM.

Down at York is Aerolite and at Darlington 'head of Steam', is the Q7.

But... I don't suppose Bachmann could measure that J21 while they are at Shildon. Something useful to do waiting for the train back to Darlington.....

Edited by The Black Hat
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It all depends. If we don't know what it is, it is difficult to say if it will be a one off not appropriate for further production. If we do know what it is, we could say that it is something that is suitable for other periods and liveries in the main range. Or maybe not.......

4 Engines?!

The D17 is at Shildon and looking sublime. Quite worthy of being selected to be a model of Bachmanns desire to model the NRM.

Down at York is Aerolite and at Darlington 'head of Steam', is the Q7.

But... I don't suppose Bachmann could measure that J21 while they are at Shildon. Something useful to do waiting for the train back to Darlington.....

That was my top 4 preferences which I would really love to see. Of course other subjects are worthy of their own models.

What fun this and related threads are! As a modeller of German railways, I could not care less what is on its way, but enjoy reading every post (is there a nurse in the house?).

Is all the frothing a British thing? I do not recall the same excitement in Germany.

Damn good marketing anyway.

When does the next thread start?

Mike

• Like 2

What fun this and related threads are! As a modeller of German railways, I could not care less what is on its way, but enjoy reading every post (is there a nurse in the house?).

Is all the frothing a British thing? I do not recall the same excitement in Germany.

Damn good marketing anyway.

When does the next thread start?

Mike

I suspect it will start soon after this one finishes on Tuesday.  At least I think it will. What does anyone else think?  Has anyone heard any rumours?  Will there be an embargo?

Feel free to select any question and elaborate on it.  Or else you could go completely off-topic.

What an enjoyable froth-fest this has been...................... :gamer:

(Editied for spill chicken errer...........)

Edited by Adams442T
  • Like 2

I recall coming up the Staffs&Worcs canal (the locks before you get to the blue brick railway viaducts at Wolverhampton). It was early on a beautiful July morning in the late 70s and we were aiming to get to Brewood AFTER the hire boats had left and BEFORE it got too hot.

Anyhow, the locks filled with white(ish) foam that broke off in the breeze as we topped the lock, and tumbled away across the towpath. Someone must have dumped a quantity of unneeded industrial detergent into the waterway....

Mmmmmmmmmm... Frothy!

Mind you, a Stirling SIngle would be nice, Didn't Bachmann do one for their US Thomas franchise?

Carry on folks, I'm just waiting for the Hornby P2!!!

(Though I may just pop down to Sainsbugs later today to see what all the fuss is about...)  :-)

Edited by Hroth

Mind you, a Stirling SIngle would be nice, Didn't Bachmann do one for their US Thomas franchise?

I did have a look at whether converting the 'Emily' to a Stirling Single would be possible, but sadly it's out in many respects, and I decided I would be better off scratch-building one or finding a Kitmaster one.  They however are like gold-dust.

Still it might be easier than trying to make a decent Caledonian Single out of Hornby's abysmal offering!

• RMweb Gold

i'm going for a stab in the dark and say its the Rocket, 

You know, that's about the only thing that might tempt me. I have a Triang one but a modern version with pickups on the tender (and a dcc socket in the "barrel") would be nice

I did have a look at whether converting the 'Emily' to a Stirling Single would be possible, but sadly it's out in many respects, and I decided I would be better off scratch-building one or finding a Kitmaster one.  They however are like gold-dust.

Still it might be easier than trying to make a decent Caledonian Single out of Hornby's abysmal offering!

This could be Bachmann's answer to design clever.

What about a laser scanning device at the entrance door to both the nrm and shildon? Laser scanning the general public so they can release an exclusive set of genuine oo scale figures that arnt all the same build/height/weight??

What about a laser scanning device at the entrance door to both the nrm and shildon? Laser scanning the general public so they can release an exclusive set of genuine oo scale figures that arnt all the same build/height/weight??

If the 'uman rites lot protest about body scanners at airports then accurate model figures are a long way off thankfully. Would you really want a pack of pot bellied, greasy haired rucksack swinging great unwashed cluttering up your layout? 20 yr old Swedish au pairs don't do train spotting do they?

(yes I know aim a train spotter too and so qualify for some aspect of the stereotype)

If the 'uman rites lot protest about body scanners at airports then accurate model figures are a long way off thankfully. Would you really want a pack of pot bellied, greasy haired rucksack swinging great unwashed cluttering up your layout? 20 yr old Swedish au pairs don't do train spotting do they?

(yes I know aim a train spotter too and so qualify for some aspect of the stereotype)

I no, but just think how realistic it would be!