=C=Rail= Intermodal Old style 20ft containers

arran

HI All

Well since everyone else is seems to be doing new models "well announcing" its that time of year when i make my mind up.

=C=Rail= is going to tool up some older style 20ft containers one with advertising panels and the other with all ribs.

some research is still required but thats now in hand.

I hope to have first tooling samples later this year.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-08745500-1406288833_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Arran

Hope you do not mind a bit of a question post, but as this is the most active topic on your containers I thought it a good place to ask.

Firstly, I love your selection of containers from C=Rail, if anyone thought modern railways was dull with everything looking the same (in each class), containers bring so much variety and colour!!  Slightly worrying at how little boxes can be so addictive!!

So to my question, just come back from Shildon NRM 10th birthday event with some very nice Hornby KFAs and now I want some more containers for them :-).  Do your containers fit the KFA, or is some drilling required to fit the wagons lugs?

Secondly, what are the containers made from; 3D printing or injection moulded and are they solid or hollow.  Its just that that I could not find anything on your website which gave this info.

And finally for my son who it only 4 and loves the Hornby one cos you can open the doors and put thing inside them! Do your versions have doors that open?

PS, looking forward to these 20 foot ones too.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Jaggzuk

HI Paul

So to my question, just come back from Shildon NRM 10th birthday event with some very nice Hornby KFAs and now I want some more containers for them :-). Do your containers fit the KFA, or is some drilling required to fit the wagons lugs?

You have to alter the lugs for 40ft containers or alter the container for the Hornby KFA

Secondly, what are the containers made from; 3D printing or injection moulded and are they solid or hollow. Its just that that I could not find anything on your website which gave this info.

All C Rail RTR containers are injection moulded and decorated at the factory.

And finally for my son who it only 4 and loves the Hornby one cos you can open the doors and put thing inside them! Do your versions have doors that open?

Ive never gone down the route of opening doors as i see that as just a gimik, the Hornby and Dapol containes have them but only open to 90% when they should go all the way round 270% and fold against the side of the container, but the floors do come out!!

Hope this helps

Regards Arran

Sods law states that every livery i've already printed transfers for will appear soon...... ;)

Yep, OCL and Genstar, already used some of works time creating those, and if what i've heard through the rumour is accurate then the 3rd is also one i tried early on. On the plus side, these will be better than my home-brews :) Will they also be available as a blank box Arran?

• 2 months later...

HI All

Well since everyone else is seems to be doing new models "well announcing" its that time of year when i make my mind up.

=C=Rail= is going to tool up some older style 20ft containers one with advertising panels and the other with all ribs.

some research is still required but thats now in hand.

I hope to have first tooling samples later this year.

Regards Arran

HI All

The samples came today "I hope to have first tooling samples later this year"  so once i get some pics i will post them latter tonight warts and all.

Regards Arran

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

HI All

They were on the way out 10 years ago I seen this one on a service going  into Felixstow in 2009, I also want to look into doing freightliner containers in 20ft.

OCL and CAST will come out at the same time and will be here for mid MAY in time for DEMU Showcase at Burton Upon Trent 31st MAy 1sr June

Regards Arran

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...