=C=Rail= Intermodal Old style 20ft containers

arran

Hi Arran, those look great and now if you can go back even further and do some LMS and early BR containers that would be even better.... well may be not this year. See you at Glasgow.

All the best.

Dave Franks.

Coat, hat, gone.

• 1 month later...

HI All

Progress report on the 20ft containers , the colours are good so they are on with that so I hope to have the printed samples for York at the start of April.

Regards Arran

They look Superb Arran

Only wish they were available for Ally pally

• 3 years later...

Hi folks,

Just looking for advice on C Rail containers please.  I model 1985-1995 and just wondering which will be suitabe?

I have been looking at photos on the internet and in books and it looks like the OCL, P&O, and Freightliner yellow/red  20fts and 40fts would be OK.  But what about CAST Maersk and Evergreen and any others?  Plus I'd like a couple of tanks.

I checked the firms website but there's very little information on which eras the containers would be suitable for.

Any advice would be gratefully received.  Thanks.

Hi folks,

Just looking for advice on C Rail containers please.  I model 1985-1995 and just wondering which will be suitabe?

I have been looking at photos on the internet and in books and it looks like the OCL, P&O, and Freightliner yellow/red  20fts and 40fts would be OK.  But what about CAST Maersk and Evergreen and any others?  Plus I'd like a couple of tanks.

I checked the firms website but there's very little information on which eras the containers would be suitable for.

Hi there,

I think you could pretty much use any of the containers that Arran (C Rail) produces. The only ones I wouldn't be confident about are the CMA/CGM ones (which I'm pretty sure were Ellerman and CE (Cunard Ellerman) back in those days), and EVERGREEN, which I think is a relative newcomer to the shipping scene. I was a box jockey (Driver of artic lorries carrying containers (boxes)) during the period you mention and I can remember having pretty much all of the rest on my trailer (chassis) at one time or another. Especially CAST, as the haulage company I worked for at the time also stored these containers, so our yard was always full of them.

Hi there,

I think you could pretty much use any of the containers that Arran (C Rail) produces. The only ones I wouldn't be confident about are the CMA/CGM ones (which I'm pretty sure were Ellerman and CE (Cunard Ellerman) back in those days), and EVERGREEN, which I think is a relative newcomer to the shipping scene. I was a box jockey (Driver of artic lorries carrying containers (boxes)) during the period you mention and I can remember having pretty much all of the rest on my trailer (chassis) at one time or another. Especially CAST, as the haulage company I worked for at the time also stored these containers, so our yard was always full of them.

Hi folks,

I think for 1985 - 1995 you can get away with Evergreen as well, I recall seeing EVERGREEN boxes in the Hornby catalogue in 1993. I started for a container hauliers in 1997 and we had some CGM boxes at that time and I don't recall them being a new company. That said 10 years is a long time in the world of shipping, BELL boxes used to be everywhere and when they went pop, the boxes almost disappeared overnight.

Maersk are long established although they changed their branding to Maersk Sealand in the late 90's so avoid the dual branded boxes, they would have been like the one in the picture here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49261102@N07/16361175663/in/album-72157651245995270/

Edited by 37114

I think for 1985 - 1995 you can get away with Evergreen as well, I recall seeing EVERGREEN boxes in the Hornby catalogue in 1993. I started for a container hauliers in 1997 and we had some CGM boxes at that time and I don't recall them being a new company. That said 10 years is a long time in the world of shipping, BELL boxes used to be everywhere and when they went pop, the boxes almost disappeared overnight.

Maersk are long established although they changed their branding to Maersk Sealand in the late 90's so avoid the dual branded boxes, they would have been like the one in the picture here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49261102@N07/16361175663/in/album-72157651245995270/

HI All

All the Old style boxs inc all freightliner ones.

Evergreen does come from that period But Avoid any box with a web address .

Regards Arran

Many thanks for those 3 replies, very useful information.

I have been upgrading five old Hornby freightliner wagons so will be ordering a mixture.

No probs, just ordered an OCL box myself for a model I am making of the first type of lorry I drove.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

HI All

Well since everyone else is seems to be doing new models "well announcing" its that time of year when i make my mind up.

=C=Rail= is going to tool up some older style 20ft containers one with advertising panels and the other with all ribs.

some research is still required but thats now in hand.

I hope to have first tooling samples later this year.

Regards Arran

Hi Arran!

Good to catch up at DEMU Showcase yesterday,

Given my new container addiction, as promised, I thought I'd share a few snaps of some of your containers I've tackled following recent Warley and Showcase purchases, including the Genstar 20ft one I was babbling on about, inspired by your pic in this thread above!

27447095008_efa2e3790a_b.jpgGenstar Container by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

A few of yours in this batch here too - 

24669945467_7fe2e93edc_b.jpgContainers by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

I've got a lot more still to get weathered though..!

39507874342_a82ff3ddcd_b.jpgContainers by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

Cheers,

James

• Like 9

• 2 months later...

HI George

Some of the containers i do Including the freightliner red 20ft and red 40ft and red and white freightliners go with that Era.

You also have Genstar, OCL, CAST and transamerica 

Do you have any in mind ?

Regards Arran

Hi Mark,

Would you know if anyone does transfers for Manchester Liners ?

Gibbo.

I don't think there are any, as none of the available container models match the Manchester Liner types.

I have built one using photo paper printed panels.

post-1535-0-74316200-1535065780_thumb.jpg

I don't think there are any, as none of the available container models match the Manchester Liner types.

I have built one using photo paper printed panels.

Hi Mark,

Good idea I hadn't thought of doing that.

I have an old Triang Manchester Liners 30' container which I have cheered up with some light grey paint which although not correct is passable by my standards. I might put it onto the scanner and see how it turns out, a couple more would be nice.

Gibbo.

• Like 1