The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

Am I the only one drinking around here...?! ...

I've been drinking all day. A Cordoníu Rosada, followed by a decent NZ Sauvignon Blanc, and now I'm going to continue with an elegant little Rioja that one of my clients gave me....

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I enjoyed a couple of glasses if armangac today. I save it for only rare occasions as it is quite hard to find these days. I forgot how much I like it. 

Andy.

• RMweb Gold

Been having some time off last week (although still some work) and two Sunday visits to community-owned pubs, The New Inn at Shipton Gorge (Bridport) and The Drovers' at Gussage All Saints. Both excellent pubs with reasonably-priced food, nice gardens and good beer, only Palmer's at the New Inn but I don't have a problem with that.

• RMweb Premium

It's hot here today so a bottle of Lidl's Gnarly Fox lager is currently cooling in the fridge -it'll ne opened in a few minutes.  The Roroa NZ Sauvignon Blanc lying beside it will wait until this evening.

Meanwhile, I've been drinking another new beer (on me at least) - Redcastle Brewery's Crusader.  Redcastle is a local Angus brewery and their Crusader is a good honest 4% no frills pale ale.  What i really like about it is that although in a bottle it's as near to a cask ale as I've found and eminently quaffable.  I got mine in Aldis, but I see that Redcastle are doing our local farmers markets so I'll doubtless see them there.

Incidentally, while in Lidls this morning i noticed that they're stocking a vodka called Putinoff.  It's probably not a favourite in the Kremlin........

DT

• Like 1

Recently, my good lady has treated me to some Craft cans from Asda 4 for £6. A couple were a bit too citrusy for me. But Purity Lawless, and Pistonhead Lager were superb.

I have mentioned it earlier, if visiting the SVR/Kidderminster this summer, I can recommend a visit my local pub The Weavers Real Ale House on Comberton Hill which has just been awarded the CAMRA Worcestershire pub of the year. It now features beer from the Pig Iron Brewery, and the Round Oak Stout is one of the best stouts I have tried. (Usual disclaimer, just a happy regular).

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Interesting drinking experience yesterday evening with my first Gin Festival (Somerset Gin Festival run by Adam Burgan and his team at Westlands, Yeovil).

It was all rather good with over 100 gins available from around the world. I only had a few sips (driving) but very impressed by some, particularly Williams Elegant for which the spirit is made from apples.

I had always been a bit sceptical of the expensive Fever-Tree tonics. Just a branding fad, I thought. Well, I take it all back. Their tonics complement the gins so much better than Schweppes.

Our next trip to Westlands, in October, is for a very interesting sounding evening of Baroque music and wine tasting with Oz Clarke.

• RMweb Gold

Recently, my good lady has treated me to some Craft cans from Asda 4 for £6. A couple were a bit too citrusy for me. But Purity Lawless, and Pistonhead Lager were superb.

I have mentioned it earlier, if visiting the SVR/Kidderminster this summer, I can recommend a visit my local pub The Weavers Real Ale House on Comberton Hill which has just been awarded the CAMRA Worcestershire pub of the year. It now features beer from the Pig Iron Brewery, and the Round Oak Stout is one of the best stouts I have tried. (Usual disclaimer, just a happy regular).

Pistonhead lager. A very sound beer. Good strength, solid, robust tasting, good farting.

Recommended.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

After touring a fair few local hostelries in Devon and Cornwall I think my favourite has been this:

post-6675-0-19053300-1500922027_thumb.jpg

In the old days when Sharp's was still independent I used to like their Doombar. It was then a cracking pint but being swallowed up by a multinational brewer has not been kind to its flavour IMO. Sadly it's now one I avoid.

• RMweb Gold

Latest tipple.

Great flavour with a subtle after taste of.....whisky.

5.8 %. Not to be gulped, too good for that.

Rob.

post-14122-0-85040100-1501517804_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Not had a drink in ages,   some good ones on here

but currently sipping a nice cuppa tea  out my HYDRA cup

might try something stronger later,    as looking at some Keswick thirst gold ale 

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought this from my local Adnams shop in Hadleigh, Suffolk on Saturday. A summer brew from Adnams, called Regatta. Last brewed by Adnams in 2010. Light coloured, like a lager, but with a fresh hoppy taste, very refreshing. Only available in 5 lt live beer mini kegs, with a month use by date - Oh well, pint yesterday, pint today.

post-13514-0-41893800-1502720637_thumb.jpg

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 3