• RMweb Gold

Thanks fellas, sorry this is the first time I've managed to get back on here :O mum and Rosa came home Tuesday night so it's been a busy couple of days.

She's great apart from the sound chip seems to go off all by itself at night and there's plenty of black tary clag!!

Seriously though she's good as getting free SLW locos for life (far better than gold) :D

Thanks again everyone it's feedy time now so I'll get back on here as soon as I can an once she's in a routine I'll hopefully get the odd 5 minutes modelling!!

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations, she is gorgeous!

Pete

Thanks Pete I might be biased but she's getting cuter each day!! Hopefully I'll have a routine by next week so I can get an hour each night working back on the bridge ;)

Thanks again

• RMweb Gold

Thanks fellas, sorry this is the first time I've managed to get back on here :O mum and Rosa came home Tuesday night so it's been a busy couple of days.

She's great apart from the sound chip seems to go off all by itself at night and there's plenty of black tary clag!!

Seriously though she's good as getting free SLW locos for life (far better than gold) :D

Thanks again everyone it's feedy time now so I'll get back on here as soon as I can an once she's in a routine I'll hopefully get the odd 5 minutes modelling!!

Cheers

5 minutes?

As much as that?

Good luck!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

5 minutes?

As much as that?

Good luck!

Mike.

Haha that's what I thought but to be fare once she's had a bottle she's happy in her little bouncer so she can watch me and learn a few things for the future ;)

Can't wait to take her to a an exhibition!!

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well after nearly a week things are getting more into a routine so today I grabbed 30 minutes to measure up how the bridge fits and will look and it's spot on.

8B45DC2D-10B1-4F93-9B77-32AE0281B07B_zps

646B0642-D8C8-4F5D-97E7-350F3B3C6110_zps

3CB60EBA-A104-465D-A4F1-960E113334F1_zps

2800DF26-53EF-4127-AB0B-9E728EE28C61_zps

B0679D39-5222-4E8A-BC69-890BF7056037_zps

Having measured up though I've decided to bring it forward about 35-40mm, in the original position the nearest inside wall and roof will overhang and will need to be cut

B7B347C2-CC2B-43C8-8E30-638DD8D6AE47_zps

But if I bring it forward I'll prevent all the hassle of this

4CAED3BD-D3AF-4070-9CB7-C77C951C50DD_zps

A8CD1DE5-3270-477E-BFF8-B9106947C1F1_zps

11928E5D-BFC9-445A-86BC-F604CE947792_zps

BCF8AB86-7978-405B-AFA5-2997657FE411_zps

E54B558F-EE18-42FC-93DF-21EB94C2FFFD_zps

0B6FA149-5261-40C1-8D28-AD7CED375AF5_zps

I didn't really want to do this but it'll be far easier in the long run, thoughts would be welcome on this.

Cheers

• Like 2

Guest bri.s

Looks good mate ,I think if it makes it easier and it still looks fine then there's no probs with moving the bridge a slight bit

Brian

• RMweb Gold

I agree with Brian, it's not always accuracy that's important, it's the aesthetics, and functionality.

Great job on the bridge Paul.

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty it just makes sense looking at it for the sake of 30mm, part of the wall will still be on the other board but it'd be far less difficult.

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

I have managed to be grabbing the odd ten minutes here and there today but nothing other thank marking out paving slabs on think plasticard, these will be cut out and painted and laid individually when I make the movement, I do like making things difficult for myself ;)

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Haha I remember Crosville Leyland Nationals great bus, always had a fondness of the Leyland Atlantean though ;)

Not sure if I'll go for the obligatory bus on bridge although I am tempted to incorporate a bus depot as a low relief back scene :O the Meccano factory is a bit boring.

One thing that bugs me with bridges and roads on layout is the fact trains move on layouts but cars buses etc don't, this can't be helped but I always thought this lets things down a bit so any vehicle that's on the bridge will be modelled as if parked, it's the same as people, it's pointless having figures of folk running or walking as a train rushes past and they are there as if frozen in time . So any figures will be stationary as if having a sit down or conversation etc. I can't take credit for this as I remember these wise words on Clive Mortimore's Pig Lane thread, as soon as I read them they made perfect sense.

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

DCC bus?Hat, coat....Phil

Oh I wouldn't go that far :O but if I did have a bus depot I would have background noise of buses ticking over etc...

Is that just as sad??

Cheers