Freemo 2015

I would do but I'm working on a different  8ft x 2ft module that will mate up to a further 10ft with crossing and right hand junction built by a fellow Seaboarder. The aim is to bring them as a block.

Year after for Hacienda prehaps - may even with the fabled 4ft extension!!

D

The other option I'm mulling over would be to convert 'Galatia' once it comes off the circuit early next year. The initial plan is to try to sell it but if I dont get any sensible offers then I'm loathed to simply scrap it

D

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Martyn - I notice you caught it looking at its best! :no:

Yes, grey!!!!

Hmm I Dont believe Premier Inn website gives you room requests. Reminds me of asking for a room overlooking the railroad when in the Stated. You tend to get a funny look as most people ask not to be overlooking the tracks!!

Reminds me of asking for a room overlooking the railroad when in the Stated. You tend to get a funny look as most people ask not to be overlooking the tracks!!

I did that in the Holiday Inn in Laramie and she said it was the first time anybody had asked for a room on the track side of the hotel!

I did that in the Holiday Inn in Laramie and she said it was the first time anybody had asked for a room on the track side of the hotel!

Ibis in Cardiff is very trackside if you want to stay awake all night watching / listening to freight trains rather than sleeping :-)

• RMweb Gold

Yes stayed there but unfortunately didn't get a rail side room.

The Best Western Mauldron next to Cardiff Centrsl has some great floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the rail lines but the double glazing is really good so the trains don't keep you awake.

• 1 month later...

Another bump, with TVNAM past Nick and I will be starting to chase for confirmation of attendance on this one as we need to tie down numbers to work out how little we can charge you. ;)

If you are coming but weren't on my email in Feb (or can't remember) can you shoot me an email or message please. Likewise if you expressed an interest but now can't come let me know and we'll take you off the list.

We'll be confirming payments and module details via email so we do need your details to make sure you all have up to date info.

I can make the Saturday but not the Sunday - my work shifts start on the Sunday :(

Is that still okay?

I'll have to pass on making a module then, as I'll have to take it home with me on Saturday night. :(

I can be there early Saturday though to be a general dogsbody for the setup or whatever?

• RMweb Gold

Several came for one day last year, all we asked was everyone contributed a share of the hall hire to attend, not sure how Nick and Martyn split it as I wasn't bothered how they did. Saturday is the best day to see how it goes together and people learn as we were mostly used to it on the Sunday and started to look competent ;) Note look rather than actually be!

I was there for one day, I had no problem with paying with my share of the room hire for both days tho. If I get my module ready I'll be there for both days, otherwise I'll probably just do the one again.

Archived