Freemo 2015

started to look competent

Ha!  :jester: 

Daniel, you'd be very welcome even without a module. ( Yet ;) )

What happened last year was that we charged everybody the same in advance* regardless of whether they brought a module, which was basically the estimated costs (hall, insurance, basic catering) divided between the attendees - if you didn't have a module you were free to come to one or both days, and stay for as long as you want. We did run into the evening on the Saturday (after ordering in a takeaway!) so it could be a decent amount of day if you wanted, even assuming a lunch time start to running...

Do I have your email address, to get you on our contact list for the event (the one I really need to update, sorry Nick...)?

(*I think except a couple of "just dropped in" folks on the day which Nick sorted...)

• RMweb Gold

There will definitely be three of us with Fort Myers, possibly more but Graham (one of our long running team who was at TVNAM 2014) passed away earlier this week so unfortunately he wont be  but he would loved to have been there last year and this year had it not been for his illness.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, grey!!!!

Hmm I Dont believe Premier Inn website gives you room requests. Reminds me of asking for a room overlooking the railroad when in the Stated. You tend to get a funny look as most people ask not to be overlooking the tracks!!

I got the same reaction at the Paris hotel where I asked for a room overlooking the trams.

There will definitely be three of us with Fort Myers, possibly more but Graham (one of our long running team who was at TVNAM 2014) passed away earlier this week so unfortunately he wont be  but he would loved to have been there last year and this year had it not been for his illness.

Really sorry to hear that Ian. :(

Something that has been around on e-mail that might not have reached everybody - I can get access on Friday evening at around 9pm (give or take) so if people want to at least unload Friday evening they can.

I know many won't be around until Saturday but at least it gives us a head start on Saturday morning.

• 2 weeks later...

If you lay track through the large doors of the hall, (and they may be fire doors, of course), then you will block the corridor, and/or the toilet accss - worse still, you might block the door to the kitchen, (dark thoughts)!

There is access to a back room, via the storage cupboard on the side of the hall, perhaps a way through there, although I can't remember how large that back room is.

John

Fire regs/insurance may require them to be closed when the hall is locked. Not an insurmountable problem, so let's see what Martyn comes up with.

As for using the other room(s), is anyone building a couple of train ferry piers...?

Archived