A Cautionary Tale

Owe Pooh!!

This has made me look at an order today just now!

I have just moved and I mean 3 days ago but won and item on Ebay changed my address on Paypal and not on Ebay! Where is my parcel Harrogate a 3 hour round drive an 122 mile round trip balls time to phone up the post office and see if they can help!

Well just read this thread out of interest and made me think, now all I can think is I am a pleb!!

• 2 weeks later...

There's more woe!

I bought something from a member on here. It was posted on Tuesday after I'd checked and rechecked I'd got the address right. Home address this time.

It arrived and was signed for yesterday, unfortunately not here or by me!

The Post Office are investigating, hopefully they'll find it.

I've always trusted the Royal Mail, now I'm not so sure, if they find it great, if not, I may not buy anything I can't collect again!

Having worked for a private parcel delivery company, if they cannot deliver it because there was no one there to receive it and they don't respond to the delivery card, or the address was wrong, or the driver cannot find the address, they will always return it to the sender. They don't want undelivered parcels hanging around their delivery depots getting in the way or having to deal withj claims for lost goods. They scan it as that is part of their system to keep track of the items in their possession. Yes, they do lose stuff on occasions, they're not perfect.

Lots of post goes missing with the Royal Mail. It gets delivered to the wrong place, or is to be signed for but instead gets left out of sight round the side of the house if no-one's not at home and not noticed for several days, or reported by a relief postman as unable to find and held at the local post office or returned to the sender marked address unknown because the relief postman didn't know the area. This has all happened to us.

• RMweb Premium

Most odd, it's arrived this morning delivered by the postman! Where's it been and who signed for it?

Something similar happened to my wife, here in Oz, last week. She found a card in the letter box, stating that the postie had tried to deliver it & that it would be available at the local post office (1km up the road) from 2.00 onwards. She rang them up first about 3.00 and they told her that 'Its been delivered & signed for by K Martin' (we both have the same initials). They wouldn't tell her if male or female. So she rang me and asked if I'd signed for it - I had no idea.

I told her not to worry, it'll turn up tomorrow. Next day she fronts up at the post office with card in hand and they found the parcel straight away. It hadn't been signed for or anything, so how they made up that story, I've NFI and there was no apology!

Archived