Kernow OO gauge PBA Clay Tiger hopper

DJM Dave

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

While looking for other things, I noticed the following two products on Kernow's website today, showing decorated versions of their Tiger wagons:

White PBA:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/29391/SB002C-DJ-Models-PBA-TIGER-China-Clay-Wagon-number-TRL-11605

Blue JIA:

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/43598/SB002J-DJ-Models-JIA-TIGER-China-Clay-Wagon-number-33-70-9382065

Looking superb!

Cheers,

Ixion.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hm. Kernow said that it wasn’t possible to honour the original price (fair enough) but something would be done for people who ordered early. I wonder what that will be. I dare say I shall find out soon enough, when Kernow has worked around to my order. They look impressive.

I have just spoken to Kernow and there is a discount for pre-orders plus loyalty points added which if taken into account brings the price down to under £35 (I think that's correct), they are emailing people who have ordered at the moment.

I have asked them to hold back my wagons until the St Blazey stores wagon is also in to save on postage. 

I have just spoken to Kernow and there is a discount for pre-orders plus loyalty points added which if taken into account brings the price down to under £35 (I think that's correct), they are emailing people who have ordered at the moment.

I have asked them to hold back my wagons until the St Blazey stores wagon is also in to save on postage.

Appreciate preorder price removed for the first 4, but theres now nothing on the other versions either...used to be able to preorder for £39.99 and £44.99 respectively....

A very good model that is a great addition to the Railfreight scene, my only gripe is a wagon of this length, should have been fitted with cam couplers like those fitted to coaching stock and wagons from Continental manufactures. The couplers are fitted directly to the Y25 bogies and on some of my tighter curves I'm getting buffer lock.

I would always want couplings attached to bogies. The cam mechanisms can stick leading to derailments, especially when propelling. I for one, am glad that Kernow have reversed the trend.