The 'Narwich' Modules

As is always the way when I think I'm happy with a plan, I look at Riverside and want to get it all into 20ft with the far right board being just 18" wide! It's doable in my head so will play with the plan tomorrow hopefully. I am happy with the station however.

As mentioned above, the slip is in a position where a 'mainline' train would never need to run over it, shunting manouvers to the half-dozen short 'wagon load' sidings facing the TMD from the loops is all it will see. My personal envisaged use for the yard with stock I have is as a speedlink sorting area. 8ft long mixed freight arrives in a loop, shunter sorts the wagons into various sidings. Simples. Trip workings to other locations can also be dispatched as required (wagons to virtual quarry beside the station for example).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Still revisiting this idea in my head... riverside keeps getting scaled down to make it work. On the plus side, because my original concern of work moving me often has gone I can consolidate some of the parts to simplify it all slightly. If nothing else it boils down to a scenic fiddleyard with junction and tmd alongside, the station concourse and building (vollmer 'Baden Baden') would make more sense to be on their own separate scenic board with no track anyway.

The 'Dave' concept seems to be trundelling on still so making something compatible that there's otherwise no use for makes sense.