Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Keith Willows

dibber25

My very long time friend and fellow Egham & Staines MRS (latterly Vice Chairman) member Keith Willows passed away on Friday August 1. A stalwart of Egham's Canadian HO group since he and I founded it in 1977, Keith was well known on the exhibition circuit both from his appearances with the current Carling Lake 'HO' layout and also more recently with his own circular O16.5 layout, Simply Narrow Gauge. A senior civil engineer by profession he worked on a number of major projects in London and the South East and his expertise in working with plywood found much use at Brooklands Museum. RIP.

CHRIS LEIGH

So sorry to hear the news.

I saw 'Simply Narrow Gauge' at Model Rail Live last September and thought it the most original exhibition layout I have seen in recent times.

Our thoughts are with Keith's Family and friends.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Chris

I was also very sorry to hear the news about Keith, although I only met him a few times, a thoroughly nice gentleman.

That is a fine and personal obit you have as Backscene in MR200.

Please pass on best wishes to his family.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I was sorry to hear of the passing of Keith WIllows. Though I never new him personally we did have occassion to talk a couple of times about his layout 'Simply Narrow Gauge' and i made a short video of the layout which is now on Youtube

http://youtu.be/sYnRy9C3QhU

I think it shows the standards Keith worked to and the imaginative ways he implimented some of his ideas. I hope you enjoy it

Archived