Sketchup Book

• RMweb Gold

Hi there

A while ago I put together a tutorial aimed at creating a coach bogie out of layers of styrene using the Silhouette Cameo cutter. The original Fox 10'6" bogie was for a Barnum coach, and while the cutter was great for the coach body, I'm in two minds about the  running quality of the bogies, so I'm thinking of having a go at redoing them via 3D printing.

I haven't used Sketchup for a while, but I'm well versed in using online tutorials for reminding myself of the basics. I really could do with a straightforward tutorial or a book about applying the software to 3D printing. There doesn't seem to be much about. Has anyone read 3D Printing with SketchUp by Marcus Ritland?  ( http://www.amazon.com/3D-Printing-SketchUp-Marcus-Ritland-ebook/dp/B00KH01KT8/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407375389&sr=1-1 ) I was wondering if it covers what you'd expect it to cover.

The other thing is, the pinned tutorial thread mentions Paul Hobbs' Tutorial "Building a Simple Loco", but I couldn't find it in the site search, is it still around at all?

cheers

Jason

• RMweb Gold

It looks like a really good tutorial from Paul Hobbs, and the best thing is that it's a PDF file, so it's easy to print off. If there's anyone that hasn't seen it, it's a Blender tutorial. I'll download Blender as well and see how I get on with it. I have heard it's not so user friendly, but I'll definitely give it a go.

Archived