COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH

DAVE1562

Hi all... just thought i would mention... why not support your local small model shops as they are quickly closing down and vanishing, i do! Try looking at this shops website, Leigh Collett the owner is very helpfull and prices are on par with the well known big names ..you know which ones! if not in stock, Leigh will try to get it ordered for you.. or if your down this way on hols or visiting, pop in and have a browse.. Colletts models of exmouth  :good:

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Rung an order in last week, Leigh ordered it in and phoned today to say the complete order is ready for collection at a price to compete with certain boxshifters.

He can also supply airfix and most other plastic kit manufactures (even the obscure ones) but might have to order them in for you.

Give them a try, they might be small but they do punch above their weight so give you small, local (or not so local) shop a try, I am sure you will be impressed.

Please note, no connection other than a (very) satisfied customer.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up guys!!! I have just pre ordered a Hornby R3264 Class 50 for £129.95 from Colletts Models £7 cheaper than hattons worth a look the website is still being uploaded with all the new pre orders so if you cant find what your looking for give him a call or message him via the website  http://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk 

post-19438-0-68829800-1423579383_thumb.jpg

Just a heads up guys!!! I have just pre ordered a Hornby R3264 Class 50 for £129.95 from Colletts Models £7 cheaper than hattons worth a look the website is still being uploaded with all the new pre orders so if you cant find what your looking for give him a call or message him via the website  http://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk

attachicon.gifR3264 BR Co-Co Diesel Electric 'Ajax' Class 50.jpg

Hi All

May I just add that although i've not visited the shop (yet) i've had the pleasure of dealing with Leigh at the Newton Abbott toyfair (Ray Heard's) where Colletts Models regularly takes a stand. Prices to compete with anyone and a very nice person to deal with.

Looking forward to visiting the shop and am very happy to reccommend his excelent service.

Regards

Hi All

May I just add that although i've not visited the shop (yet) i've had the pleasure of dealing with Leigh at the Newton Abbott toyfair (Ray Heard's) where Colletts Models regularly takes a stand. Prices to compete with anyone and a very nice person to deal with.

Looking forward to visiting the shop and am very happy to reccommend his excelent service.

Regards

Would just like to say "snap" to that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all....... just received  the new Bachmann GWR class 64 pannier from COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH.. runs a treat and again first class service from leigh the owner........ see website or give him call if interested... :locomotive:

Edited by DAVE1562

Hi guys popped in to Colletts Model in Exmouth today and noticed these sat on the shelf cheaper than Hattons Hornby R3346 Db Schekner Class 92009 Marco Polo £70.50 Dcc Ready

post-19438-0-16674000-1426257788.jpg

Edited by DAVE1562

Hi all..... bargain of the week from COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH.. :good: ...Hornby R3271 class 43 twin pack.....£188.50 posted :toclue: (hattons £198.70) WHICH WOULD YOU GO FOR?.........

post-19438-0-29873900-1426939106_thumb.jpg

i have no connection with this shop... just good service and prices....support your local small shop!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all......have a browse at Colletts models of Exmouth website or facebook page...lots of bargains to be had and now Leigh(owner) has introduced a points loyalty card scheme, upon a purchase you will get points to collect for discount... you need to register at the website... COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH... :good:

Well worth a visit !

Dave...

I have no connection to this shop :no: ​, I am a local frequent customer who knows what good service leigh (owner)gives and bargains he sells! It is a small shop and if he can beat the big boys with this good for him! If I know something is good its up to me and my option to let other forum users in on it, if you don't want a bargain go and pay over inflated prices elsewhere....

Whilst a review is great and glad to hear it's a good shop, I think this constant blatant ( and free) advertising is a bit much

So what's the difference from this thread and the one about a much larger retailer in Liverpool?

I only know Leigh from using his shop and I only found out about it from a bloke I work with, other than that I have no connection at all,with the shop, Leigh or anyone else connected with the shop!

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 2

A big difference, because there are no ads for individual products in at least the last two pages of hattons.

If you think something is a bargain, might I suggest the ' bargains ' thread.

There are model shops on here that actually pay to advertise on this site and thus support the site

Agreed, the model shop guide forum should be a guide to the shops not a list of best deals.

We all want to know about good service, interesting nuggets or when to 'beware' (not Colletts) but if you keep on sticking massive images followed by a price tagged with 'bargain' it does look like advertising which as others have said is paid for by others especially so when it comes from one person in one thread about one shop. If something really is a bargain then there is the bargain thread where everyone lists what they spot whatever shop it comes from.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just want to add here too that Collet models provides a 1st class service. As said before, Leigh is very friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable and will bend over backwards to get you what you want and at the best price he can do.

***No connection with the business apart from a very satisfied customer***

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...