COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH

DAVE1562

• RMweb Gold

Used Colletts for the first time this week for the Fifteen Guinea Train Pack which he had on offer at a fabulous price. Item duly arrived immaculately packed and with 2 days of ordering on standard delivery terms. Received a courtesy email from Leigh thanking me for my business, nice touch. So pleased I promptly went back and ordered some coaches at prices much cheaper than the big boys.

Highly delighted and will certainly be sending more of my business his way.

Steve

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 30/03/2019 at 16:32, Shoey said:

For anyone who missed out, Leigh has had a late delivery of Revolution TEA’s (OO gauge) I managed to pick up a handful which I missed so am absolutely delighted :D

Were these on the website? I can't see anything.

43 minutes ago, richscylla said:

Were these on the website? I can't see anything.

I popped in the shop a few weeks back and Leigh had mentioned he still awaits a delivery from Revolution so I asked him to keep in touch. I rang on the off chance to see if he had had the delivery and he said he was unboxing them as we spoke so I ordered a few that I missed out on there and then. I doubt he has had chance to update them to his website so I’d recommend giving the shop a ring (01395 224608) he’s closed on Mondays but opens at 09:30 Tuesday. I’d just like to say I have no connection with the shop, just a very happy customer of my local model shop. I hope you’re able to purchase the wagons your after richscylla :senile:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Started to use Collett's recently mostly over the phone/email and Leigh is a top bloke to talk to and his customer service is spot on in taking care of his customers.

Recently ordered a couple of loco's at very good prices, shall keep going back.

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to Leigh today about some products and have to say he has no issues talking to you even though he must be busy in his shop, like I said a real top bloke to converse with and has always got time for you no matter what.

• Friendly/supportive 1

More orders from Collett's and more great service, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

Also Leigh has a great payment plan system that allows you to pay off pre-orders per month until the product is released thus you can spread your payments which is handy.

Btw I have no association with Collett's in any capacity, just a really happy customer.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, sb67 said:

Been trying to contact Colletts all day Saturday and today but I'm not getting an answer from the phone, does anybody know if the shop is open or he's on holiday or something?

Steve.

He is away on Holiday until Today, there was a banner on the website saying this but dont know what happened to it.

Normal service should resume just as soon as Leigh catches up with 2 weeks worth of post, emails etc.

Edit-

The shop isnt open Mondays anyway so no point calling.

Edited by royaloak
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Which shop was that?

As far as I remember, the shop was simply called 'Tony Collett' (or possibly 'Tony Collett Models'). It was in Winter Road, Southsea, somewhere in the rows of shops between Liss Road and Heyshot Road.

I understand that when Tony Collett died, the stock went to Dave Cleal (Mainly Trains) of Chandlers Ford, later of Watchett, Somerset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
5 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

Anyone been in touch with Colletts recently?

Yes, on wednesday I was distanced !  face to face with him, (didn't cross the threshold) as I was in Exeter so piped down to collect my Bachman NER  J72 

he was takeing the opportunity of the shop being shut to have it revamped and painted, but he was sat at a desk next to the phone which he answered promptly when I called to arrange the purchase in the morning 

by the way why doesn't his shop appear on UK model shops anymore? It's their all right and trading

more worryingly apart from Buffers he's nearly my nearest model shop !

I've had no end of trouble getting hold of this shop. 3 emails to both email addresses in the last 9 days, a message on Facebook and I've rung on 3 separate occasions during shop hours only for it to ring endlessly. I had high hopes given his reputation, however in this case I'm really not impressed.

8 hours ago, MacNabs said:

I've had no end of trouble getting hold of this shop. 3 emails to both email addresses in the last 9 days, a message on Facebook and I've rung on 3 separate occasions during shop hours only for it to ring endlessly. I had high hopes given his reputation, however in this case I'm really not impressed.

This has happened to me before and he was away on holiday, but in this climate that might not be the case. He did get back to me however and I've never had any problems with him. I've always had a good service so hopefully it's something similar. 

17 hours ago, sb67 said:

This has happened to me before and he was away on holiday, but in this climate that might not be the case. He did get back to me however and I've never had any problems with him. I've always had a good service so hopefully it's something similar. 

I did manage to get through to someone today who was quite helpful. I received an explanation for the communication problems and appears that normal service will resume shortly.

• Like 1

For those who are not on his Facebook page, he posted on 14th July to apologise for "not being around or himself for the past few weeks or months", I won't go into full details but something happened in his personal life and he is "not dealing with it well" and he asks that "please be patient with him at the moment with orders and enquires he is truly doing all what his head will let him do"

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
On 23/07/2020 at 11:22, MacNabs said:

Have you heard of Covid-19? It has turned much of daily life on its head for huge numbers of people worldwide. Why do you imagine that a one-man-band shop is immune to the disruption, or, undoubtedly rather worse, to the virus itself? 

To you and me, this is a hobby. To a shop owner it is his livelihood. Rest assured that the chap would love to be fulfilling your order. And bleating about it on RMweb will not help in any way, shape or form. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 6
  • Round of applause 1