COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH

DAVE1562

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, MacNabs said:

will they just keep hiding?

I'm not hiding, I'm just hiding your bilious tripe and would rather spend my Friday evening doing something more pleasant than dealing with odious behaviour. I have just given you another warning in your unpleasant PM. 

You are heading for the door.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 3

I just wanted to reiterate how good Collett's are in regards to buying from them and their customer service, and don't forget they inspect & test your models before dispatch as well as having payment plans which are a bonus.

My own personal dealings with Leigh directly on the phone & via email have been nothing but a pleasure thus whatever personal issue has occurred over the last month or so with Leigh would simply be a blip on the radar and is not who they are in regards to your own negative personal experiences which I'm sure would be a one-off.

All I'm saying is give them the benefit of the doubt during these times and try them again if you were put off previously, you definitely won't be disappointed.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, classy52 said:

I just wanted to reiterate how good Collett's are in regards to buying from them and their customer service, and don't forget they inspect & test your models before dispatch as well as having payment plans which are a bonus.

My own personal dealings with Leigh directly on the phone & via email have been nothing but a pleasure thus whatever personal issue has occurred over the last month or so with Leigh would simply be a blip on the radar and is not who they are in regards to your own negative personal experiences which I'm sure would be a one-off.

All I'm saying is give them the benefit of the doubt during these times and try them again if you were put off previously, you definitely won't be disappointed.

I'd wholeheartedly agree with this from @classy52 I've been buying from Leigh for about 3 years or so.

Everything is well packaged, tested and the payment plan scheme is a god send when budgeting.

The level of service i've received has been brilliant and i genuinely couldnt big up Leigh and his customer services enough.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just had an Email from Leigh of Colletts models explaining why there has been a delay in my order being dispatched ,quite understandable all so had enough on my layout to get on with so if the order had turned up early I would have put it some where safe and be unable to find it when I need it.  

Heard nothing but good things about Leigh Collett and after being mugged of by one of the bigger box shifters on a previous order, I ordered a Bachmann sound Class 40 at a price better than most box shifters and free postage, also saw a Hornby Terrier at a great price so ordered that too, super service, delivered as promised, lovely bloke to deal with, he'll get my business in future

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks to Leigh and Mike(?) for sorting out the issue with my Hornby Black 5, clearly a Friday afternoon special from the factory. Had 3 locos from Leigh during lockdown. Tempted by a few more as his prices are competitive. NSE Thumper has caught my eye.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very relieved.  Just Spoken to Leigh VIa email. He is still taking orders and will be at the shop Monday to process the huge amount he has after having a Covid Scare which was clear .  

Again Many thanks Leigh and happy Christmas.

Best regards Trailrage

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks before Christmas I tried to place an order but when I came to put in my address I couldn't put in Ireland because the UK was the only country available. 

I sent in an email inquiry to ask what I should do but didn't get an answer. A week later I sent another email but didn't get an answer to that either. 

Unfortunately I then had to go  elsewhere.

BIG thanks to Leigh for getting My order for a Hornby Freightliner Class 66  out to me on Christmas Eve! My little boy was over the moon! Considering he had to shut the shop and Isolate due to a Covid Scare which thankfully came out negative and a Mahoosive backlog of items to post. 

Happy new Year to Leigh and the Family and to everyone here on the RM Web. Stay safe and well.

Cheers all Trailrage  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Another worthy endorsement for a fantastic service from Leigh at Colletts.

Considering the current circumstances, he got my order out to me very quickly, and I was well informed where I was in the process the whole way.

Could not ask for more from a model shop, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Colletts to anyone.

Thanks again Leigh, stay safe.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I was looking on the Web yesterday  to try to source a couple of Hornby Scotrail coaches which I missed last year and are now out of stock with the major box shifters.    Collett's came up as having them still in stock and at a very competitive price.  I had never dealt with them before but having seen some good reviews here on RMWeb I thought I would take a chance.     I placed my order yesterday afternoon.   Within minutes my order was acknowledged and I also received a personal e-mail from Leigh thanking me for my business.     The courier arrived at lunchtime today, with both models, exceptionally well packed and delivered within 24 hours of ordering.     I could certainly recommend Colletts and will definitely buy from them again.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made my first purchase from Colletts models last friday and my item duly arrived the next day, superb service all round and Leigh was a real pleasure to deal with, we had a good old chin wag over the phone, i'll certainly shop with Leigh again, another very nice touch was a personal e-mail from Leigh thanking me for my custom.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Ordered a pair of Hornby GBRF 20's for my little boy Monday and arrived Tuesday. Excellent Price , and as per Usual Excellent service from Leigh with the same Personal Email thanking my Custom.  

Many thanks to you Leigh for you continued quality service.

Trailrage

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made my first purchase from Colletts and the customer service was outstanding. I gave an incorrect postcode for my address (having moved quite recently) and Leigh rang to confirm which half of the mismatched address was correct! A short while later the item was despatched.

Many thanks to Leigh and the staff at Colletts...I can very highly recommend!

Jack.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Once again top customer service today in getting a call from Leigh to say my 3 packs of Accurascale JSA's are in ready for payment and dispatch, love the personal service and just having a general chat with Leigh while the business of finalizing the order is done.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody please tell me how to contact Colletts Models other than by phone?  I want to order an item on his site but can't see any "add to cart" or "buy" button, so I just tried emailing via his webmail.  That didn't seem to connect, and unless I'm missing something obvious (like a proper email address somewhere on the site) the only alternative is for me to sign up to something called "Messenger" so I can "chat".  Is it me, or what?

Thanks mister.  I've just tried it again using Chrome instead of Firefox but it looks like the item I was after is actually OOS.  I must say that in common with many folk it winds me up when I'm expected to use webmail because for some weird reason there's no email address on the site.  I don't understand this "Messenger" and chat lark either.  In nearly five years of ordering everything for my railway online from all manner of businesses, that's the first time I've seen anything other than the usual chat programs.  But hey ho, no doubt it's just me ...

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Excellent service again from Collett's.  I believed I had pre-ordered a Bachmann Porthole brake end in blue and grey back in January but had kept no record of my pre-order.   I phoned them yesterday to enquire, as I had noticed these coaches now listed by others on eBay.    I spoke to the owner, Leigh, to confirm my card details.   Coach arrived with the postman lunchtime today, well packed, and also a personal e-mail today from Leigh thanking me for the business.   I definitely plan to deal with them again.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 4