COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH

DAVE1562

Another quick mention for top class service from Leigh at colletts models exmouth and bargain price for a Hornby R6340TTS with sound..  0-6-0 FOWLER 4F in BR black ...(£108.99).....one very happy customer!...:)

• RMweb Premium

Following a mention of Colletts Models on the Bargain Hunters thread I checked their website and a pair of Hornby fGW 08s were soon on their way to me (oh, and an Airfix Vulcan bomber!).

The parcel arrived promptly, but 1 class 08 was missing, with a worrying looking hole in the box side. A quick email to Colletts to advise them of the situation yesterday afternoon, and Leigh rang me first thing this morning to apologise and explain he's been so busy it was his packing mistake and the 2nd 08 would be in today's post. An excellent response to a glitch.

I had a short chat with Leigh, and Exmouth has gone on the agenda for my Freedom of the South West Rail Rover in a few weeks time, it sounds like a shop worth a visit.

• RMweb Premium

That mention allowed me to acquire their remaining Radial in BR black, early emblem 30584. Arrived yesterday and top class.

Well done Colletts,  good service and an excellent range of goodies.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• 2 weeks later...

MMMMM looks like I a have just been unlucky with my experience with this shop. Ordered a couple of Bachmann FNA's (39-345A & 383-47A on a Sunday morning and paid £6.95 for next day delivery (if ordered before 3pm online) but they didn't turn up until midday Tuesday. Ok I thought never mind so checked the order and was sent 2 of the same Item (38-347A) not what I had ordered even though the despatch note was correct for my order. Ah well we all make mistakes I'll call the shop, and get an answerphone message asking to leave name an number. Still waiting for call back a week later. Tried emailing using the email provided in the despatch email where it says "any queries contact us here" still waiting response a week later.

Shame really as there seems to be nothing but positive remarks about this shop which really does have some very good prices but its really put me off any further purchases.

Not angry just disappointed at the lack of response I've had.

Cheers Trailrage

MMMMM looks like I a have just been unlucky with my experience with this shop. Ordered a couple of Bachmann FNA's (39-345A & 383-47A on a Sunday morning and paid £6.95 for next day delivery (if ordered before 3pm online) but they didn't turn up until midday Tuesday. Ok I thought never mind so checked the order and was sent 2 of the same Item (38-347A) not what I had ordered even though the despatch note was correct for my order. Ah well we all make mistakes I'll call the shop, and get an answerphone message asking to leave name an number. Still waiting for call back a week later. Tried emailing using the email provided in the despatch email where it says "any queries contact us here" still waiting response a week later.

Shame really as there seems to be nothing but positive remarks about this shop which really does have some very good prices but its really put me off any further purchases.

Not angry just disappointed at the lack of response I've had.

Cheers Trailrage

Good morning my friend my name is leigh the owner of Colletts Models sorry to hear you have had a bad experience i have recieved no messages and this is the first i have heard about this.The shop is closed on a Sunday's and Monday's but i went in especially on the Monday just to pack & post your parcel as stated on the website delivery is Monday-Friday only with interlink i will get another 38-345a sent to you if you can return the duplicated one to me i will refund the postage cost i do apologise it was my error i will give you a quick ring this morning regards Leigh 

• Like 2

It's true that a lot of shops do go the extra mile but that isn't a reason to put down Collett Models or insult everyone south of Watford because Leigh has quite lot of satisfied customers across the south of England.

I've never bought off him so have nothing to gain from my comments but I don't think he is doing anything wrong if he is encouraging his customers to say online they are satisfied with his customer service.

Colletts has a good die hard following from all over the country because of good, friendly service,  good deals and a price match.. just ask.... and I am from the midlands, moved here from the rat race years back..... :)

Good morning my friend my name is leigh the owner of Colletts Models sorry to hear you have had a bad experience i have recieved no messages and this is the first i have heard about this.The shop is closed on a Sunday's and Monday's but i went in especially on the Monday just to pack & post your parcel as stated on the website delivery is Monday-Friday only with interlink i will get another 38-345a sent to you if you can return the duplicated one to me i will refund the postage cost i do apologise it was my error i will give you a quick ring this morning regards Leigh 

Many thanks for contacting me this morning ,I'm just sorry I wasn't there to take your call as I was at work. Apologies if it sounded like I was complaining far from it. I appreciate you taking the time.

I also apologise as I must have misunderstood regarding the delivery.  Instead of messing around returning the model and refunding postage costs if you could send out a Bachmann 38-345a and cover the standard postage, I am more than happy to pay for the model.

Regards Trailrage

• Like 2

Many thanks for contacting me this morning ,I'm just sorry I wasn't there to take your call as I was at work. Apologies if it sounded like I was complaining far from it. I appreciate you taking the time.

I also apologise as I must have misunderstood regarding the delivery.  Instead of messing around returning the model and refunding postage costs if you could send out a Bachmann 38-345a and cover the standard postage, I am more than happy to pay for the model.

Regards Trailrage

Hi trailrage... there  was a response from someone after my first reply entry  that caused a problem, with remarks that was uncalled for, not yours.. the post was removed by admin....

Hello DVE1562

So I gather! Just a tad uncalled for by that particular person. Methinks

Having just spoke to Leigh at Collet models as he very kindly phoned me again today, I hadn't realised he was a "one man band" at the shop but he was very helpfull and is sending a replacement out to me. Very refreshing to see as he is very passionate about what he does and its most appreciated (for his patience too especially when the battery ran out on my phone mid conversation!) Happy to admit that I got the delivery wrong as the shop is indeed shut on Sunday so my apologies for that and as it turns out my Email went into his SPAM box. This frequently happens with me for some random reason. Maybe the computer just doesn't like me !

Will happily recommend the shop fop further purchases.

One very happy Trailrage.  CHEERS :drink_mini:      

• Like 2

I have had dealings with Colletts Models and have been impressed by the enthusiasm shown by the shop owner and his willingness to put customers at the centre of his business through good customer service, sensible pricing and his 'Price Match' offer. I know the shop is very supportive of local model clubs and has developed excellent links. He was only too willing to support our local show and placed this advert in our show guide.

If you live in the South West we are lucky to be able to visit in person many enthusiastic and energetic model shop owners, Leigh being one of them. If you live further afield then I am sure you will get similar service via the web or phone, check out his Facebook page for good deals. 

post-21030-0-63238100-1466267629.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi trailrage... there  was a response from someone after my first reply entry  that caused a problem, with remarks that was uncalled for, not yours.. the post was removed by admin....

There are some real dingbats appearing on RMWeb; what's up with them, must make the Mods really p****d off.

No need for Trolls on here.

Phil (not a Troll, just a duck.)

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

Thank you for all your support guys i work very hard to make my customers happy and some times i make mistakes and i will always hold my hands up i am only human after all very impressed by the people who jumped in and stuck up for me when that person started a huge rant on the first post once again many thanks all regards Leigh Collett 

• Like 7

Called in on Saturday as we were in Exmouth (having walked along the Exe trail from Topsham!) and bought a couple of very reasonably priced wagons.  A well stocked shop and friendly owner!

Would have liked to have purchased more, but was limited by having no credit card - it being hacked the week before :(

• Like 1

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Leigh for getting the replacement wagon out to me so quickly spoke on Saturday arrived on Monday! Top service there.

A much obliged and humbled Trailrage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Popped into this model shop this afternoon and purchased this fine 66! Leigh has plenty in stock so would highly recommend all day long. Polite and helpful as ever.

Another returning happy customer.

***edit - won't upload picture for some reason but loco is 66745***

Edited by Shoey
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I buy everything through Leigh where possible, he has all my pre orders for 16/17 catalogues. Ive recently visited the shop and met him in person. He provides not only some of the best prices around he also gives such a unique personal touch to his service which is matched by nobody. He will go above and beyond for his customers. If you want something not listed in his site, give him a call, facebook and email as he will respond. I've never had any issues with using Leigh and will continue to buy from him.

• Like 1

I buy everything through Leigh where possible, he has all my pre orders for 16/17 catalogues. Ive recently visited the shop and met him in person. He provides not only some of the best prices around he also gives such a unique personal touch to his service which is matched by nobody. He will go above and beyond for his customers. If you want something not listed in his site, give him a call, facebook and email as he will respond. I've never had any issues with using Leigh and will continue to buy from him.

Well said... :)

With the arrival of the 3rd rail on my exhibition layout "Lydford Road" I have purchased a new Class 416 in NSE from colletts models,very competitive price, free postage, a very friendly and fast service. Well worth a look, if they haven't got what you want in stock they will order it in for you. 

post-3732-0-36998800-1478979401.jpg

post-3732-0-30289600-1478979422.jpg

post-3732-0-88368100-1478979459.jpg

Edited by Andy_Richards
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...