COLLETTS MODELS OF EXMOUTH

DAVE1562

• RMweb Premium

Another happy customer here, obtained a Hornby R3468 Bulleid pacific through Leigh at the best price I've seen. 

Spot on service and a pleasure to deal with.

Ohhh, what was it if you wouldn't mind? Would you share the price as well maybe? (PM if preferred)

Thanks

Phil

• 2 months later...

Ordered a couple of Bachmann FNA's (39-345A & 383-47A on a Sunday morning and paid £6.95 for next day delivery (if ordered before 3pm online) but they didn't turn up until midday Tuesday.

I can't see any problem here. Shop is closed on a Sunday so even if you order on a Sunday, the order can't be processed until the Monday and so will OBVIOUSLY get delivered on the Tuesday. Common sense surely? Further, even if you paid for next day delivery on (say) a Monday and it didn't arrive until (say) Thursday, then your gripe is with the courier, NOT the retailer. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just paid a visit to the new premises of Colletts model shop,a lot bigger  with more space, lots of bargains as usual.. well impressed... would recommend a visit, located still in albion street, Exmouth, just a few shops further along.... :imsohappy:  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't see any problem here. Shop is closed on a Sunday so even if you order on a Sunday, the order can't be processed until the Monday and so will OBVIOUSLY get delivered on the Tuesday. Common sense surely? Further, even if you paid for next day delivery on (say) a Monday and it didn't arrive until (say) Thursday, then your gripe is with the courier, NOT the retailer. 

Why bring up something that was sorted over a year ago? And whats with the Unnecessary Sarcasm?  If it was that OBVIOUS to me I wouldn't have made a mistake in the first place to which I had admitted.

Trailrage

Indeed very good service. Stumbled on the shop by shere chance, as I had no idea Exmouth had promoted itself to the dizzy heights of having a proper model railway shop. Just happened to walk in the door as the owner was unpacking a delivery of Bachmann Blue Circle cement wagons. So I told him "Don't bother unpacking them I'll take the lot".

I think he thought I was joking, but we quickly came to a very reasonable decision that I would indeed take virtually all of them away for an extremely good price, along with one or two other suitable items for my very large layout.

I will certainly pop in again even though its about 1100 miles from where I'm building the layout !

Edited by 71000
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Try reading the thread. Engage brain before posting?

Phil

Got to say, I have started using Leigh for my orders as his price is much cheaper than anywhere else, and as with all of us money for spending is tight so every little helps. Always had top class service from him and parcels arrive within a couple of days of payment so worth checking out.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to be able to Pre-order the Hornby H&P Peckett at a very good price at Collets and true to his word the price never changed when it arrived.

Honesty and Loyalty are seeming to be a rare commodity but thankfully with Leigh its not something we have to worry about.

Many thanks

Trailrage    

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Glad I was reminded of this shop. I have accidentally just ordered 'another' S15 (DCC Ready). Can't for the life of me think why this happened...........must be the weather?

Philth

How good is this customer service? Got an email this morning from Leigh at Collets telling me apologies for slight bdelay butb he has been on holiday but he has tested the S15 and it is Faulty and Hornby have withdrawn the model so no dosh taken. Shame I though but maybe there's a late crest DCC Ready one available?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

How good is this customer service? Got an email this morning from Leigh at Collets telling me apologies for slight bdelay butb he has been on holiday but he has tested the S15 and it is Faulty and Hornby have withdrawn the model so no dosh taken. Shame I though but maybe there's a late crest DCC Ready one available?

Phil

Try Kernow ....£79.99.

• 1 month later...

In here recently. Truly amazing prices on some items. Well worth a visit if you are in this area.

Still in Albion street where you can park for 30 minutes.....if you are lucky....I parked the other day within a few feet of the shop and went storming off down the streets of Exmouth to find him. I used to live in Honiton 'till three years ago. Time plays tricks on the mind. Got my senses back and backtracked a long way through the streets after googling the address to find I had parked in the same street as the shop. Then found I was parked almost outside the shop. Oh Dear ! Never mind ....made some very good purchases after a sweet shop "I can have this and I can have that" experience....and I escaped a parking ticket. Its half hour parking.

• 6 months later...

I honestly feel compelled to leave a little note regarding Collett's Models. I had never heard of them and stumbled across their website and found them doing a good price on the Bachmann SWT 4 Car EMU. I placed an order for this and some other items, and was very pleased with the service. It has genuinely left me wondering why I go via the 'usual mail order suspects' when Leigh is doing such a good shop with this smaller outfit. Most definitely worth a look - and Leigh even phones to answer any queries raised during the order stage.

I will also add that my memory of small model shops as a child was of overbearing and intimidating adults sneering at buyers. It is a large part of why I ended up switching to the more anonymous mail order companies. Leigh's operation has perhaps converted me once again.

Wishing you all the best with the business Leigh.

P.S. For the avoidance of doubt, other than being a very pleasantly surprised customer, I have no affiliation or link with the business or Leigh personally; however I do think it important to recognise good service when it manifests itself.

• Like 2

Still in Albion street where you can park for 30 minutes.....if you are lucky.....

30 minutes if you can find a space ! is not long enough unless you know what you want and pop in and not hang around

but very slightly down the road on the opposite side of the road is a car park around two hundred feet away from the front door might cost you two quid but that's cheaper than a ticket

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I used Colletts for the first time last week, ordered a small item from the website and was very pleased with the communication received throughout the whole process. Will definitely use them again and hope to visit them in person in the not-too-distant future.

I've used a few model shops in the SW area and so far this one (for me) definitely stands out amongst the rest.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm staying in Exmouth for a holiday and having read good things about the shop on here I made a point of finding it. I had a few items that I wanted to buy and was successful. Leigh, the owner, was very pleasant and helpful and I may find my way back later in the week. Plenty of stock and some bargain prices, I can recommend a visit.

Brian