Hi Andy

Having followed the saga of the garage/shed in the Lunester Lounge it's good see you are  ready to start at last.

I'm sure you're going to enjoy your (maybe) LGP. I'll be following your progress. It will no doubt be informative and entertaining.

Have fun

Best wishes for the project...

Alan

Thanks Alan, still loads to do so it will be fun.

Bodge.

Hello Bodgit,  Off again l see (hahaha) its good to have you back mate and going by all the replies you have had, others are glad too, l really like the idea of 'Bitten' sounds like a plan ?  catch up soon

George

Evening George, yes mate its a plan but it BittOn not Bitten, your thinking of Southampton again.

Bodge,P.S. Got any Bulleids for sale? hahhaha

Cheers Pete, as the thread is more about music at the moment you guys out there might be able to advise me on a SMALL practice amp, I want fairly clean Bluesy sounds from my 335, think BB King sort of sounds. I've been looking at the Vox Pathfinder 10 and the Fender 15g, i'll be mainly through headphones.

NO LIVE GIGS, hahahhah

Bodge.

If VOX still make The Pathfinder 15 with Reverb, try that out! I know someone with bloody expensive "Divided by 13” amps and he alway practices with that VOX

I’ve been out all day........doing tedious things.

Best, Pete

I have but one question.

Where is the graffiti wall going to go?

:D

Are there two L's in BO**OCKS? hahhahha

I'll leave that for Jaz, she needs a bigger layout just to accommodate a longer wall now, surprised I haven't seen you on there mate. haahha

I do have to say that when you see her work against a 50p piece it makes you realise how good it really is.

But in answer to your question NO.

Bodge.

It's great to see the Honourable Bodgit starting off on a new project.

Best of luck, Andy.

Cheers Kev, as another regular its good to have you back and on board for the journey.

Bodge.

If VOX still make The Pathfinder 15 with Reverb, try that out! I know someone with bloody expensive "Divided by 13” amps and he alway practices with that VOX

I’ve been out all day........doing tedious things.

Best, Pete

Cheers Pete, I'll have a look an a certain selling web site.

Bodge

• Like 1

Only just spotted this thread Bodgemiester mate.

Bitton sounds like a great choice. Good luck with it!! :sungum:

Thanks Shaun, I will be looking for some divine inspiration from over the water, hhaha

Bodge.

• Like 1

Morning Andy,

I thought that your new thread would be popular but It shows how well regarded you are to have hit 60+ posts already - must give you a charge. Did you have a chance to look at Shaun's extension baseboards in a recent post on Goathland, might have to crib there. Thought I'd say 'I'll eat my hat' if this is the last project but I see that I'm not alone in that respect!

Hope you really enjoy the build and it really is a great idea to involve George, I really loved 'Trebudoc'.

How is Dee managing with the re-invigorated Bodge?

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Heyup Andy, only just seen this thread - haven't been on RMWEB all weekend - great to see you thinking about TLGP? I like the plan, looks good.

Like Jock says, it shows how popular your threads are, so I thought I'd add a post too :)

Cheers mate,

Al.

• Like 1

Morning Andy,

I thought that your new thread would be popular but It shows how well regarded you are to have hit 60+ posts already - must give you a charge. Did you have a chance to look at Shaun's extension baseboards in a recent post on Goathland, might have to crib there. Thought I'd say 'I'll eat my hat' if this is the last project but I see that I'm not alone in that respect!

Hope you really enjoy the build and it really is a great idea to involve George, I really loved 'Trebudoc'.

How is Dee managing with the re-invigorated Bodge?

Kind regards,

Jock.

Just off out and spent MOST of last night planning, talking to George and playing Guitar so will check out Shaun's site this afternoon when I get back.

Bodge.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

So you started this just over 24 hours ago, I spend a day with family and I'm already 3 pages behind! So have just caught up!

Looks great. I like the location, and all the scope to run pretty much whatever you want. I'm really looking forward to watch it progress once you get the potting shed in place. Don't forget though... you need to get some grass down fairly quickly as there's someone on these threads that is always looking for it ;)

Are you going to put that Avon and Goucestershire Railway line in... maybe over the top of your fiddle yard... :girldevil:

and finally... take it easy!

Neil

Edited by Anotheran
  • Like 1

Heyup Andy, only just seen this thread - haven't been on RMWEB all weekend - great to see you thinking about TLGP? I like the plan, looks good.

Like Jock says, it shows how popular your threads are, so I thought I'd add a post too :)

Cheers mate,

Al.

Morning Al and cheers mate, just seen you little BIG mishap on your Bakewell thread, a real bu**er for sure.

Bodge.

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

So you started this just over 24 hours ago, I spend a day with family and I'm already 3 pages behind! So have just caught up!

Looks great. I like the location, and all the scope to run pretty much whatever you want. I'm really looking forward to watch it progress once you get the potting shed in place. Don't forget though... you need to get some grass down fairly quickly as there's someone on these threads that is always looking for it ;)

Are you going to put that Avon and Goucestershire Railway line in... maybe over the top of your fiddle yard... :girldevil:

and finally... take it easy!

Neil

Morning Neil, cheers for that, I will be doing a branch off for a small, (think Trebudoc) type Terminus I hope, so I can run the Western Region stock into it, so it may represent an Ex GWR link around Avon Wharf.

Bodge.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just a point you may think of, Many people Insulate their shed but do nothing with the windows, I "double glazed" mine with plastic, it made a consderable difference! I just left a couple of small gaps at the bottom for condensation to drain out.

Good luck with your layout.

The Q

Ps shouldn't it be  "pottering about shed"?

• Like 2

Hi Andy glad to see you back looking forward to the new build ,a shed is a wonderful place to shut the world out and work in peace a good idea would be a bell for Dee to tell you when you are needed or to tell you tea is ready .The rising board by the door should not be a problem if you solder tiny sliding bolts to the rail or sleepers then as you lower the board just slide the bolts over and your connected.no wires and its robust.Heavy duty hinges and a strengthened board will stop warping as you open and close it my carpentry wizard said this is a safe way of doing it.I think your chosen station will give a great deal of fun and I look forward to following your progress and of course the trains you will run,good luck and don't rush.Regards Chris

• Like 1

Cheers Pete, I'll have a look an a certain selling web site.

Bodge

Don’t buy any amp with an 8” speaker. You will need at least 10”;   12” even mo’ better. SEE BELOW.

I just checked with the guy that owns one - he says that the 8” speaker in this is fine - it seems that the earliest VOX Pathfinder 15r came with a 10” only.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Hi Andy,

Pleased to see you are feeling well enough to start planning and eventually building something new. Will watch your progress with interest.

Alan.

Hi Alan, I can plan all I like at the moment, sitting in the chair is easy but when I come to start tackling the inside I will know how much better I am.

Bodge

Just a point you may think of, Many people Insulate their shed but do nothing with the windows, I "double glazed" mine with plastic, it made a consderable difference! I just left a couple of small gaps at the bottom for condensation to drain out.

Good luck with your layout.

The Q

Ps shouldn't it be  "pottering about shed"?

Good point Q, I will have a look at that, I did have a quote for dooing the whole side of the OLD Garage in UPVC from a double glazing Co and that was only £700 so to do it in a wooden shed should be a bit cheaper and may be worth the cost.

Bodge.

• Like 1

Hi Andy glad to see you back looking forward to the new build ,a shed is a wonderful place to shut the world out and work in peace a good idea would be a bell for Dee to tell you when you are needed or to tell you tea is ready .The rising board by the door should not be a problem if you solder tiny sliding bolts to the rail or sleepers then as you lower the board just slide the bolts over and your connected.no wires and its robust.Heavy duty hinges and a strengthened board will stop warping as you open and close it my carpentry wizard said this is a safe way of doing it.I think your chosen station will give a great deal of fun and I look forward to following your progress and of course the trains you will run,good luck and don't rush.Regards Chris

I did have a Bell, our Daughter bought her one when she was ill last year so she could summon me upstairs when she needed me. Its a Town Criers Bell and is wonderful. When I suggested that I have it out in the Shed she confiscated it.

Re the carpentry, its my worst nightmare, I hate woodwork and so my mate's are coming around to help get it a nice tight fit, I will only have two tracks across so it shouldn't be to bad. I have done lifting sections before with a degree of success so with the help of professionals it WILL be O.K.

Bodge.

Don’t buy any amp with an 8” speaker. You will need at least 10”;   12” even mo’ better. SEE BELOW.

I just checked with the guy that owns one - he says that the 8” speaker in this is fine - it seems that the earliest VOX Pathfinder 15r came with a 10” only.

Best, Pete.

Cheers Pete, the budget's limited at the mo, but it won't be wound up loud  anyway. I know from the past that the 10's and 12's are better. I wish I still had my Marshall 4 x12 cab.

post-9335-0-11116400-1407764339_thumb.jpg

Bodge.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8