Rapido Wishlist

ThaneofFife

For those with weak hearts and not fans of the wishlist you may want to press the back button and read a different thread :)

For everybody else, welcome to another wishlist thread. This time aimed at Rapido Trains.

So the APT-E is the first british outline 00 gauge model train to be announced. What direction do you think Rapido will go in next?

Are they going to carve out a niche for themselves solely concentrating on power from the BR post modernisation era or will they dabble in steam next? Afterall theyve done gas now ;)

Does it have to be a loco?

Calls have been made for better 00 gauge rtr trackwork.......

Maybe you would like to see them introduce an as yet unreleased accessory, structure or building.

If you have some ideas for RT then post here.....

does jason like the idea of some properly nice Mk3 coaches loco hauled and HST.....

proper inset working corridors close coupled detailed interiors disc brake inserts on the wheels correct roofing vents tinted glazing CDL and non CDL versions interior lighting correctly painted internal faces invluding the vestibule areas sprung buffers or drawbars......

the old jouef mk3s werent too bad in terms of the mk3a body styling......

How about  a new T shirt

like this but you could do different logos for steam etc.. but with RMWeb logo under

post-12740-0-39752200-1408058164.jpg

Or even better like this

I'd rather be on

:jester: 

RMweb

Steve :mosking:

Considering that Rapido is doing the APT-E, might be good to do the prototype HST which could lead to a spin off with Mark 3 coaches for production HST's and loco hauled stock

Were the Mk3s used with the HST prototype the same as the rest of the Mk3 fleet?

I have a big fat book on Mk2s but nothing on Mk3s.

-Jason

• RMweb Premium

First Generation DMUs could be fertile ground in N. All we have at present is the 101, 108 and the Bubblecars. These are excellent models but only scratch the surface of the many classes that were produced for B.R.

Just a thought.

David

I guess seeming as Rapido have a strong continental background, a manufacturer with a bit of experience at the process having a go at cracking the British Catenary conundrum!!!!!!!  I know for all you grown up and proper modellers, there will be much beating of chests and walking off to the steam and diesel corners of the ring. But it would be kind of nice if one manufacturer took pity on those of us whose railway nostalgia was born under the wires.

Oh well I can but hope.

Were the Mk3s used with the HST prototype the same as the rest of the Mk3 fleet?

I have a big fat book on Mk2s but nothing on Mk3s.

The main (external) difference is that they were buffer fitted unlike the production HST MK3s (and not so visible was they had standard single phase ETH rather than the 3 Phase of the production coaches).

Prototype HST Mk3s / Production Mk3s vary on the external window surrounds, and other very minor issues.

Charlie.

PPS We have another topic on this forum, that currently has listed 5-7 years production schedule's, I don't think it helps by getting a second one going with never ending whish lists. 

I guess seeming as Rapido have a strong continental background, a manufacturer with a bit of experience at the process having a go at cracking the British Catenary conundrum!!!!!!! 

You are confusing 2 different companies, Rapido Trains are a Canadian company and not related to the former European company, see:

http://rapidotrains.com/about.html

HI ALL

An end to all wish lists would suit me .

Regards Arran

But didn't you... ?

Oh never mind.

Here's my wish:

CN-3150-Tempo-on-51-wbnd-at-Hyde-Park-De

What I find amazing is that in the UK you can have two competing models of one-off (or two-off) oddballs but here in Canada we would never sell enough of an entire fleet to make it profitable.

The CN/VIA Tempo served Ontario for almost 20 years, 1968-1987.  It's since been used in the United States, eastern Canada and northern Ontario, where it's still in service.  There was an entire fleet.  We could sell about 11.

Similarly, we could never do the Renaissance cars (about 100 in the fleet) or the HEP2 cars (about 35 in the fleet) because we would never sell enough.

Next time you Brits complain about not being able to have the correct model to fit your layout set in March 1968 (the model came factory painted for 1969 so I had to pass on it, tsk tsk), spare a thought for us poor Canadians who don't have models of dozens of locomotives and passenger cars that ran for decades.... 

Is there an emoticon for self pity?  :dontknow:

-Jason

• RMweb Premium

But didn't you... ?

Oh never mind.

Here's my wish:

CN-3150-Tempo-on-51-wbnd-at-Hyde-Park-De

What I find amazing is that in the UK you can have two competing models of one-off (or two-off) oddballs but here in Canada we would never sell enough of an entire fleet to make it profitable.

The CN/VIA Tempo served Ontario for almost 20 years, 1968-1987.  It's since been used in the United States, eastern Canada and northern Ontario, where it's still in service.  There was an entire fleet.  We could sell about 11.

Similarly, we could never do the Renaissance cars (about 100 in the fleet) or the HEP2 cars (about 35 in the fleet) because we would never sell enough.

Next time you Brits complain about not being able to have the correct model to fit your layout set in March 1968 (the model came factory painted for 1969 so I had to pass on it, tsk tsk), spare a thought for us poor Canadians who don't have models of dozens of locomotives and passenger cars that ran for decades.... 

Is there an emoticon for self pity?  :dontknow:

-Jason

Not sure if you had answered this elsewhere Jason, but what are your thoughts about N gauge?

Would you ever be likely to do as Bachmann do and put 00 models though the shrink ray and offer N gauge versions (a la APT), would you offer unique to scale N gauge models if there is already a 00 model on the market (eg Hornbys Networkers), or would you rather keep it simple and avoid N gauge if at all possible!

All the best

Steve

But don't you need all these things for your layout? Doesn't that mean you'll have to make them? ;)

Adrian

i reckon an N gauge APT-P would do well.

not sure if rapido have masteted interior lighting on N gauge (do you have any n gauge?)

anyway a boxed set would be great.

i think youd only need 3 toolings even on a long train;-

power car

driving trailer

intermediate trailer

most wcml n gauge layouts will be able to run a decent length aptp.

Archived