Rapido Wishlist

ThaneofFife

not sure if rapido have masteted interior lighting on N gauge (do you have any n gauge?)

Yes, Rapido has a line of North American n guage - the GMD-1 and FL9 in locomotives and a bunch of passenger cars (as well as some freight done as exclusives for a retailer).  Check out their website to see pictures of what it looks like http://rapidotrains.com/

not sure if rapido have masteted interior lighting on N gauge (do you have any n gauge?)

Their N scale coaches have battery-powered lighting. It works quite well - there is a reed switch in the roof so passing a magnetic wand over the coach turns it on or off.

Their N scale CN caboose also has interior lighting, this time from track pickups.

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

i reckon an N gauge APT-P would do well.

anyway a boxed set would be great.

i think youd only need 3 toolings even on a long train;-

power car

driving trailer

intermediate trailer

For an APT-P you'd need five body shells:

DTS (driving trailer second)

TF/TS/TU (trailer first/second/unclassified)

TRBS (trailer restaurant buffet second)

TBF (trailer brake first)

M (motor)

The interiors of the TF, TS and TU are all different so more tooling is needed for those.

The body of the TRBS is similar to the TF/TS/TU but with two windows plated over. The underframe is different though.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium

For an APT-P you'd need five body shells:

DTS (driving trailer second)

TF/TS/TU (trailer first/second/unclassified)

TRBS (trailer restaurant buffet second)

TBF (trailer brake first)

M (motor)

The interiors of the TF, TS and TU are all different so more tooling is needed for those.

The body of the TRBS is similar to the TF/TS/TU but with two windows plated over. The underframe is different though.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

If thats the case we'd better just shrink the APT E then!

Jason, here is something that you may want to consider if you are possibly thinking of producing a steam locomotive, and it has a Canadian connection !  Also it is an NRM loco, so can be scanned.

It is the LSWR Adams T3 4-4-0 locomotive.  It was brought over here to Canada, on loan from the NRM, for the production of  'The Railway Children' in Toronto. I had the pleasure of seeing it whilst it was at the John Street Roundhouse.

Another joint venture with the NRM, wouldn't that be amazing !

Cheers,

Chris

A class 55 deltic, on the basis that the current Bachmann offering is not up to scratch, and I would willing pay the premium for an accurate model you could put me down for 6.

you need to read the interview with graham hubbard in the latest Hornby magazine where he puts this criticism to bed.

I'll buy a Trans-Pennine DMU too.  The Trix ones were good for their time but were HO-scale.  A search on Google shows Hattons had a two-car set for sale at £120 at some time in the past (apologies- I've not worked out to paste the link),  There is also a separate forum for the units here on RMWeb (again, I would put a link in if I could do so).

Peter

instead of guessing what jason has or hasnt done why not ask him privately before pouribg unwanted water on this thread. go on.....ask him. coming here and saying oh jason this and oh jason that like he is a newly discovered best friend is patently all in the head.

instead of guessing what jason has or hasnt done why not ask him privately before pouribg unwanted water on this thread. go on.....ask him. coming here and saying oh jason this and oh jason that like he is a newly discovered best friend is patently all in the head.

ToF,

Do you think you could be even more insulting, to both Chris and Jason, if you thought about your above comment just a little a bit longer ....

And people wonder why manufacturers give up posting on a majority of forums in the end. :o/

i tell you what can be described as truly insulting. if i ask you to read the post again and again until you understand its true and patently obvious meaning and not attempt to twist things. youll get it eventually.

Chris Leigh is the former editor, and a current writer, of one of Britain's foremost railway magazines. He's published more books, articles, and had his hands in the development of more models than you or I have ever done. I think given his links with the hobby and the work he's done at Model Rail and elsewhere he can be entitled to use someone's first name, particularly if they are on speaking terms as they no doubt have been at some point.

I think trying to undermine and make out an elder statesman of our hobby to be something he patently is not is rather insulting. You do him a disservice I feel.

Took me a while to think of this one but something that we are crying out for is a decent high quality rendering of the Anglo Scottish Sleeper Trains.  Same coaches used for years leading to multiple livery choices including the locos (dont envy you guys deciding what locos if you do go down that route!)

I certainly would take a few especially if there was a vew variations of livery!

It won't make any difference, as Jason already knows what he wants to do after the APT-E.

Any chance of telling us then, please, and saving a lot of aggro? it sounds like you know!

Part of the problem is this is a wish listing thread and there are also posts by people who are 'in the loop'. It doesn't help if these people have access to privileged info but don't share it. Best not say anything at all, otherwise sounds like yah boo sucks. The APT was the same as some clearly knew long before the launch. Just my opinion. - Igor.

Why don't we give the futile wishlisting a rest? It won't make any difference, as Jason already knows what he wants to do after the APT-E. We really need to make that a success for him first.

Its hardly futile as it would guide Jason et all in their plans further ahead if you are indeed correct that they already know what they want to do.

Any chance of telling us then, please, and saving a lot of aggro? it sounds like you know!

Part of the problem is this is a wish listing thread and there are also posts by people who are 'in the loop'. It doesn't help if these people have access to privileged info but don't share it. Best not say anything at all, otherwise sounds like yah boo sucks. The APT was the same as some clearly knew long before the launch. Just my opinion. - Igor.

So you would want Chris to risk the end of his career by revealing commercially sensitive information that no doubt was told in good faith…? 

Rather selfish - Chris Leigh is privy to that sort of information because strangely enough, that's been his job and is his job to know and to also hold it in good faith until such time of publication.

So you would want Chris to risk the end of his career by revealing commercially sensitive information that no doubt was told in good faith…? 

Rather selfish - Chris Leigh is privy to that sort of information because strangely enough, that's been his job and is his job to know and to also hold it in good faith until such time of publication.

Is it sensitive info? If so, quite right. But you missed my point. Like I said, it would be much more professional to say absolutely nothing at all, than to dangle the carrot of 'I know, but I'm not going to tell you...'

Archived