Kernow Model Rail Centre to produce GWR 1361 0-6-0 Saddle Tank

Andy Y

Some pics of mine. On splashergate, reasonably visible from one angle. Can barely see it from others. Phone pics so apols for quality

David

attachicon.gifIMG_1654.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1656.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1658.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1663.JPG

I've not cancelled my order  - indeed I have paid despite splashergate because I know no better!! and both the 0298 and O2 were nice models that ran well from the box!! I just liked the size and shape (of the loco not the splashers in case you were wondering :jester: )  and must have seen one on my way to school because it is ticked off in my combined IA. (and before you ask no I did not notice the absence of splashers !!)  .....

but seriously for a moment  I do have a question for you guys who have already got this model.....what are the splashers made of - are they diecast or plastic?    - I assume they are integral to the footplate moulding/casting but by judicious pulling of things apart is it possible to get at them to carve them off "if they offend mine eye" in the flesh so to speak - or shall I just bung a couple of spare lamps on the footplate as camouflage??

TBH I cannot really get too worked up about it but on an associated discussion in this topic I do get slightly niggled about having to obstacle check the track for cast-off bits after a heavy running session - especially if the bit does not obviously belong to any one particular loco, and so far I have not had to do this for any Kernow locos (note caveat - I did shed a gatestock step releasing it from the box) and talking of Heljan (as some on here have alluded to) I did have a Western that shed its chassis when I picked it up - now that really was dramatic/traumatic but at least I knew where the dropped bit came from :banghead:

edit for typo

Edited by lochlongside

I see this has now docked at Southampton, and the Ship, the MOL Truimph is currently the largest container ship built, carrying over 20,000 containers. What's the betting that ours is the bottom of the pile?

Edit: I fibbed, it's not in Southhampton, it's still in Tangiers. I just looked at the map and saw it was in port without checking which port!

Neil

Edited by neilkirby

• RMweb Gold

I see this has now docked at Southampton, and the Ship, the MOL Truimph is currently the largest container ship built, carrying over 20,000 containers. What's the betting that ours is the bottom of the pile?

Edit: I fibbed, it's not in Southhampton, it's still in Tangiers. I just looked at the map and saw it was in port without checking which port!

Neil

It has now Neil !

• Like 2

Regarding splashes gate the only time I saw these active they always seemed to have extra lamps or the firemans bike strapped to side or covered in so much grime it was hard to see, either way looks smashing model.

Fireman's bike.  Now that is one addition I'd not thought of....

Splashers, what splashers?  What you can't see aren't there.

Les

• Like 2

I must say, I am delighted, although I am aware of the discussion points raised on this thread I am absolutely delighted with my new loco, it looks wonderful, full of character and as I chose the weathered version it"s almost ready to roll.

• Like 1

My 1363 arrived this morning and I’m glad I waited and wasn’t swayed by splashergate and Heljan’s offering. Another superb model from Kernow and DJ Models in every way after the Well Tank, O2 and Gate Stock. A must for any GWR aficionado. Am hopeful of more West Country orientated models from Kernow in SR or GWR liveries. Just got to run it in when it can join the roster with my DJH and Heljan 1366s.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

My 1363 arrived this morning and I’m glad I waited and wasn’t swayed by splashergate and Heljan’s offering. Another superb model from Kernow and DJ Models in every way after the Well Tank, O2 and Gate Stock. A must for any GWR aficionado. Am hopeful of more West Country orientated models from Kernow in SR or GWR liveries. Just got to run it in when it can join the roster with my DJH and Heljan 1366s.

My order of August 2014 has been despatched, I know they've been short staffed this week.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Without wanting to whine, I pre-ordered almost as soon as they were announced, paid the full balance last month, yet haven't had a peep out of Cambourne since these landed.  :cry:

CoY

Don't worry, you're not the only one.......

Keith

I can't spot the splashers in the photos with the smokebox on the right, so is splashergate restricted to the left-hand side of the loco?

I have 1363 and you are correct, the "splashers" are very hard to see from that side.

On my model, that is also the side that the numberplate is actually on straight so it will be banned from the turntable me thinks.

Without wanting to whine, I pre-ordered almost as soon as they were announced, paid the full balance last month, yet haven't had a peep out of Cambourne since these landed.  :cry:

CoY

As a comparison, I ordered mine on 01-OCT-14 and it was shipped on 20-FEB-18.

They may have an awful lot of orders to wade through.

Edited by KGV

CoY

I rang them yesterday as I hadn't had any email asking me to pay the balance, he was perfectly understanding and I think it is merely that they are wading through so many pre-orders. Anyway he agreed to deal with mine and posy out so that hopefully it arrives on Saturday whilst the other half is at work so I can hide it in the model room before they get home. Well fingers crossed anyway.

• RMweb Gold

ISTR Kernow process orders in the order (sorry) that they were paid for, not placed originally. I think that is fair enough, frankly, as it minimises the time between paying and receiving the goods. 

• RMweb Premium

I phoned on the 21st and asked them to take the payment for the pre-order

as my card was  going to run out on the 28th .

Payment taken there and then , dispatched same day and arrived on the 22nd .

Very happy with the model .

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Like 1

I ordered on 18/08/2014 and paid the balance over the phone on 08/01/2018. Not had anything in the way of confirmation since...

CoY

Edited by County of Yorkshire