Toomebridge Station

Nelson Jackson

Hello everyone,

I know this is a long shot but its worth a try, does anyone have any pictures of toomebridge station during NCC days? If so I'd appreciate it if you PM me or comment below, I will have a look through what books I have later tonight and try to find some.

Many thanks

Nelson

Hi Nelson

if all else fails, you could try the McCutcheon Collection at HMBB (or whatever they call the branch now) at Hill Street, Belfast. The photos are from the 1960s so a bit late for NCC days but may still be useful, given not much may have changed. Years back I got photocopies of the contact prints for Dr McCutcheon's photos of York Road and they incuded lots of views and details rarely seem elsewhere. The staff were most helpful and I'm sure you can order full-size prints of anything of interest:

http://www.doeni.gov.uk/niea/built-home/recording/archives_r.htm

There are a couple of pics of Templepatrick station from the collection in Ian Sinclair's 'Along UTA lines' and I'm sure there are likely to be more pics in the collection.

The local and Irish studies dept in Belfast Central Library has a copy of Dr McCutcheon's 'The Industrial Archeaology of Northern Ireland' in which some of the railway photos appeared, as well as some station drawings. Doubtless the Linenhall Library also has a copy.

Ivor

Archived