My Laser Cutting workbench and my odyssey in model buildings.

That looks stunning. I'm not sure that adding mortar will improve matters to be honest, it looks spot on as it is.

**Maybe** some moss/lichen on the roof & buttress tops, but there's a danger of gilding the lily.

• 2 months later...

Been meaning to post more pictures of what I've been up to, so prompted by seeing what others are doing I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of a drain cover.

post-1485-0-22590900-1463062687_thumb.jpeg

I like the curved dip that is possible.

post-1485-0-86641100-1463062695_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank God there isn't this type in front of my house!

You managed to achieve this on your laser? That is sophisticated in the extreme.....!

Thanks Giles, it is a technique i'm developing for grade cutting/engraving layered details. 

• RMweb Premium

Been meaning to post more pictures of what I've been up to, so prompted by seeing what others are doing I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of a drain cover.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I like the curved dip that is possible.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I like that a lot. Good to see mundane subjects receiving attention. Just needs a few blades of grass poking through...

A while back putting together a signal box I thought I'd have a go at the levers.

post-1485-0-00199000-1463249668_thumb.jpg

Not entirely accurate, but once painted and at normal viewing distance they make a good representation I think.

• Like 1

A couple of pictures of an GWR ARP Signal Box that I'm currently putting together. This one will be an unpainted display model.

Steve Fay will be building a painting one for his Severn Tunnel Mini Mainline layout.

post-1485-0-08676300-1463267960_thumb.jpg

post-1485-0-24202000-1463267962_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The prototype's as ugly as hell, but that's a good model of it!

The one going I now fully appreciate (and now 'see' all the time- how sad is that...) is all the little closure bricks adjusting the bond by all the doors and windows.... These things that got fudged with plasticard, but now get fully modelled when lasering. It all adds to the reality of the finished model.

A couple of pictures of an GWR ARP Signal Box that I'm currently putting together. This one will be an unpainted display model.

Steve Fay will be building a painting one for his Severn Tunnel Mini Mainline layout.

attachicon.gifIMG_0526.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0527.jpg

I've got a full set of plans for Holloway North Down. How much would it cost to make one?

Edited by LNERGE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...