Here is another photo that has come into my possession.

For a shot taken through a window, it seems to be perfectly exposed for the outside light.

Does anyone recognise the signalbox or the interesting shaped buildings. The old car adds to the vintage nature of the scene, but 30548 did last until 1965, being a Three Bridges and then Eastleigh allocated loco in its final years, if that is any help.

attachicon.gifs30548_.jpg

Very distinctly Wareham. The white building is the give away. And I would say just to other end of the box is the now defunct level crossing.

Thanks Peter.

Although a Gresley fanatic, I found the Southern fascinating.

However, I have no idea of the geography - but just love collecting.

I now have 350 BR steam slides (100 SR), which has taken me years to accumulate - and has almost bankrupted me in the process.

I wondered if this was Mossend, or thereabouts?

It would appear to be in Scotland, because the first 20 is 20107 which was a long time ED resident, but the wires in the background but the foreground being unwired confuses me.

The 25 is 25232.

post-4474-0-11529800-1422968153.jpg

On reflection I think it could well be Gloucester; is the photographer at Horton Road crossing? THe building in the background being the Glos. Royal.

Hi Peter, I think the hospital is more over to the right, out of view. I think the building you can see here is an office block, (possibly BT).  Think it has been pulled down now.

The bit that puzzels me, is that I didn't realise that the depot area was fenced from the running lines.

• RMweb Gold

Archived