Deneside - BR North Eastern Region

Brian D

The chimney stack capping and pots were added this afternoon.  The chimney pots are my usual chopped up cotton bud stalks but if "single use plastic" is on its way out I'll have to stock up.

IMG_20190227_160215.jpg.46419d511834026651b5d04f86cdf7fd.jpg

IMG_20190227_162258.jpg.22bd0066ae6a00bf0ba8bdf7f466b8b1.jpg

There is also another video featuring a main line diesel departure.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 13

I thought I would send the cheapo "spy camera" round the layout again as the station and some other lineside areas have changed considerably since last time I used it (last summer sometime, I think).  I have managed to update the embedded date/time info but the picture quality remains far from HD.  

Layout developments continue to concentrate on "Little Easington" - more info tomorrow.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

The only bits of straight track, are the platforms and the fiddle yard, still a nice video.

manna

Thanks mate.  In retrospect I could have put a slight curve in the platforms too :D

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I need to build a short terrace of colliery houses to finish off Little Easington but my stock of 2 mm greyboard is exhausted.

So, another video - this time freight comings and goings.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Yet another excellent Video Brian, but it does look like the Cattle have already gone for Slaughter mate.

More of the same for me please, I love freight movements.

Whoops! Been on to the vet - all OK now :wub:

IMG_20190303_162222.jpg.f8a2ce03a6ead04d25f782280a4304b0.jpg

Regards, 

Brian 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

GAWD!!!!!!! . . .That pen could doe with a swill down . . . . You can smell it from here. . . . . 

John

Ah, the smell of cowsh.  You just can't beat it - clears the sinuses a treat.

Regards,

Brian. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, danstercivicman said:

Thats what I need to do for my lairage. 

I had to Google "lairage" (never heard of it before - you live and learn) to find out what you meant, seems to be abattoir connected.  Are you planning to model one Dan?

Regards,

Brian. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Brian D said:

Whoops! Been on to the vet - all OK now :wub:

IMG_20190303_162222.jpg.f8a2ce03a6ead04d25f782280a4304b0.jpg

Regards, 

Brian 

Glad to see their on there feet now Brian, just need to stop the bu66ers running orf down the road, haha:laugh::sarcastichand:

All coming on nicely mate.

• Funny 2

The sun was out briefly this afternoon so I opened the shed blinds wide and got the spy camera out again hoping that more light would improve the definition of the video.  I'm not sure it has but I'll leave you to judge.  This time the video shows a return trip from Deneside to the colliery.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I’m enjoying the videos, reckon I’ll be “passed out” for running on this line soon. What I find impressive is how steady the ride is for the camera, no jolts or lurches, must be well laid track.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Another experimental short video using this smaller (but unfortunately less HD) camera.

IMG_20190305_174945.jpg.fb212c1b5f1198ef3023689bab902da6.jpg

Being less bulky than than the Lumix bridge camera and the handy cam + sticky out screen, I thought I could get it into some different view points.  Anyway, here is the video featuring my Deltic "Durham Light Infantry" and the four car Derby Lightweight DMU.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 6

Since the advent of Superfast Fibre Broadband to our locality (and finding out from BT that it wouldn't cost any more than our current deal), as you my have realised watching the Deneside videos I have uploaded, I have found that uploading videos to YouTube is now feasible because the upload speeds have risen by a factor of 20 over previous copper wire connection to the exchange.

So I thought I would try uploading one of my heritage railway visit videos to see whether there was much interest.  This video...

..features a trip on the North Norfolk Railway in October 2015.  A bit of a wet day but that I think adds to the ambience.  It lasts about 20 minutes and took about 35 minutes to upload.

Enjoy (or otherwise).

Regards,

Brian

Edited by Brian D
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Excellent, a 3 minute Video still takes me about 4 Hours to up load onto You Tube, even when shrunk right down.

Good Video, and more of the same please Brian.

It sounds like you are not connected to fibre optic cable and still on the copper stuff as I was until recently. Might be worth checking with your broadband supplier whether you can switch and how much it would cost. There are online broadband speed checker tools available, I have the Which magazine one installed. Previously on copper the upload speed was never more than about 0.4 and now I get 8 or over.

I have a stack of videos that I've made. I just need to sanitise them a bit more before uploading to a very public platform like YouTube.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 3

I have taken delivery of a new cam-truck from Branor Systems.  Early trials reveal superb results, far better than my spy-cam experiments.  I will upload a new video soon.  In the meantime, here's one I made earlier, 2011 in fact, featuring a rather dramatic WHR departure from Caernarfon.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 3

I am currently working on a short terrace (3 houses) which will complete "Little Easington's" buildings.  They will be complete, not low relief, so full fronts, backs and backyards.  These are the main front and back walls.

IMG_20190313_170102.jpg.243cc35649f68c0370b60f42d03f0f8c.jpg

They will be placed at the top of the hill right up against the backscene.

IMG_20190313_173950.jpg.e00146d5be50216041836987fc616159.jpg

I'll then be able to finish off this corner by adding the road up the hill and the far side of the embankment.

I mentioned that I had taken delivery of a Branor Systems Camera truck - really pleased with it.  Here is a pick of it following the Q6 into the colliery.

IMG_20190313_151108.jpg.09f748f785e4fda91233e9fe0410cd55.jpg

I have just finished editing a compilation of short cam truck videos and will upload it to YT tomorrow.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 6

Progress on "Little Easington" continues slowly.  The main structure of the 4 cottage terrace is complete thus...

IMG_20190318_162755.jpg.f794869a9fd093bde605041d793bf843.jpg

...and posed in its position on the layout.

IMG_20190318_165517_BURST001_COVER.jpg.a46e65ee7252cace69b7f5885a30ddad.jpg

Back yards to be added to the nearest elevation to complete.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 7

More gentle progress on the remaining terraced houses necessary to complete "Little Easington".  The roofs are on!

IMG_20190321_180317.jpg.32fcc5298800f35cc64593ddb9812fdb.jpg

In case of fire, Deneside now has an appliance from Newcastle and Gateshead Fire Brigade which arrived this morning.

IMG_20190321_180333.jpg.4cc5aa2ffaf6837277d195fea599fe97.jpg

I have also uploaded another of my heritage railway visit videos to YT so if you like cliff railways enjoy the monster that is the Lynton and Lynmouth.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Brin, 

perhaps a wash of watered down black ink or paint on the roof areas of the Terraces ( together with the odd bit of white seagull/pigeon sh!t?

Baz

• Like 2