The latest video has just been uploaded, the first in a series of "Loco Focus" films which will feature single locomotives, whether they be steam or diesel.  Because the layout is currently totally populated with diesels, I have chosen the Class 17 "Clayton" diesel loco to start the series.  The prototypes were cr"p and were all withdrawn from BR by 1972.  Some saw service (briefly) in the North East and I have a little bit of a soft spot for my Heljan model which is a superb runner.  Enjoy or otherwise here....

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

I can remember seeing one of these pulling a coal train when I was younger. A lot quieter than a J27 or a Q6.. but a lot slower..

Baz

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
23 hours ago, Barry O said:

I can remember seeing one of these pulling a coal train when I was younger. A lot quieter than a J27 or a Q6.. but a lot slower..

Baz

23 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Trip freights for me - through Jesmond or at Central Station.  Thanks for the memories.

Paul.

You know, I can't actually remember seeing any of these back in the day.  I certainly didn't see any on the Durham coast line but I have a couple underlined in my Ian Allen so I must have seen them probably on the very few occasions I visited Newcastle Central.

23 hours ago, 380John said:

Really enjoyed the video Brian, 

Great idea! 

John 

Thanks John.  More to come I hope.

Regards,

Brian.

On 10/02/2021 at 18:01, Brian D said:

You know, I can't actually remember seeing any of these back in the day.  I certainly didn't see any on the Durham coast line but I have a couple underlined in my Ian Allen so I must have seen them probably on the very few occasions I visited Newcastle Central.

Thanks John.  More to come I hope.

Regards,

Brian.

I have a couple of colour prints of D8590 on a van train waiting for signals east bound. I have the Heljan model DCC fitted(very tight squeeze) and it does run very well.

Pete

Edited by Toftwood
Spelling
  • Like 1

Another video is currently being rendered to my hard drive prior to upload.  Meanwhile....

IMG_20210213_164056.jpg.3393127bb4b4a2170b6b61069981567d.jpg

...Deneside is packed out with 5 different trains.  Because I like to see lots of trains go by, I've managed to squeeze 11 different trains onto the layout which is probably the maximum capacity - 3 DMUs, 2 express passenger trains, 2 parcels trains, 2 coal trains, 1 iron ore train and the Clayton on goods.  Makes for interesting operation but probably not very prototypical.

Expect another video soon featuring the humble Bachmann class 24.

Regards,

Brian.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1