RTR M7 chassis for the DJH caley tank 0-4-4 kit?

Julian

Has anyone tried to fit the Hornby M7 chassis (old one or the latest one) to the DJH Caley 439 tank kit body? Just a thought, since the motor/gears/wheels purchase looks costly and I don't know how well I could ballance the DJH kit on the 4 driving wheels. Any thoughts?

The wheels are quite different. The DJH kit goes together very straightforwardly and even with an uncompensated chassis can be balanced. Consider a slight springing for the bogie. My suggestion would be to build it with the correct wheels and produce an accurate model.

John

Has anyone tried to fit the Hornby M7 chassis (old one or the latest one) to the DJH Caley 439 tank kit body? Just a thought, since the motor/gears/wheels purchase looks costly and I don't know how well I could ballance the DJH kit on the 4 driving wheels. Any thoughts?

Why not look for a cheap Wills M7 (if the wheels are the same size) rob it of the wheels motor and gears(chassis if you dont have one) then sell on the Wills body

I have picked up a few parts like this, and if the body is rank, then strip the paint off (hopefully the glue will also degrade) and sell the nice shiny parts

Archived