Wycrail'14 - Saturday 1st November - High Wycombe and District MRS

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

This year’s WYCRAIL ’14 exhibition will once again, take place at the now established, larger and bigger venue of The Cressex Community School, Holmers Lane, High Wycombe, Bucks HP12 4UD on Saturday 1st November.

WYCRAIL ‘14 will have 28 high quality and inspirational model railway layouts, of British, North American and Continental outline and in a wide range of scales and gauges including 2mm finescale, N, 3mm, 00, H0, EM, P4, 0 and narrow gauges.

Layout Include:

Albourne OO9
Barton Hill N
Billton Goods 3mm
Cardiff Canton 0
Children's Layout 00
Diesels in the Duchy EM
Fisherton Sarum 00
Fourgig East 0

Llandenydd 00
Georgemas Junction 00
Greenfield Sidings 00
Hartburn EM
Coldharbour Lane 0
Kidmore N
Littleworth Sidings 00
Mannin Middle 00n3
Pendennis 00
Site 70n
That Dam Railway OO9
Tucking Mill 2mm FS
Waton 2mm
Westcliff EM
Horsethief Bridge N
Niderfield N
Prospect Valley HO
Stoney Hill West HO
Stout Oak Iowa On30
Galatia KS HO
Yamanote Mura - Japanese Z scale

Trade includes:
Brunswick Railways Ltd
Cheltenham Model Centre
Ceynix Railway Trees
DCC Supplies
Doubleo Scenics
Elite Baseboards
Falcon Figures
Freestone Model Accessories
G & W Railways
H&a Models
Hedgerow Scenics
JBS Model World
Kytes Lights
Anoraks Anonymous
Plus Daughters
Rail Books Railway Memories
Replica Railways
Squires Model & Craft Tools
Wealistic Models
West Wales Wagon Works

Societies and Demonstrators includes:
2mm Scale Association
Julia – 2mm Scale Modelling by Julia Adams
Gauge O Guild Merg Electronics For Model Railways NMRA British Region
Peter & Gordon Scenic Modelling
Pendon Museum
BR Standard Society

Once again the Society has teamed up with the West Wales Wagon Works and commissioned a limited edition wagon based on a local coal merchant ‘Chesham and Wycombe Co-operative Coal Merchants’. The model that will be available at the show is based the Dapol 10t open wagon.

The venue is conveniently close to the M40 Junction 4 and the free vintage bus service will once again be operated between Wycombe Railway Station (Chiltern Line)and Wycombe Town Centre.

Further information and details can be found on the Societies website at www.hwdmrs.org.uk

ps. To keep certain parties happy we are also looking to include layout plans, where available, in the show guide this year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The OP has been updated with the addition of a further layout namely: Yamanote Mura - Japanese Z scale.

Also there has been a slight change to the free bus service; due to building works and the relocation of the Cressex Park and Ride to be even closer to the venue, the bus service will no longer serve the park and ride but continue to serve the Railway Station and the Town Centre as previously.

We look forward to seeing you at the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have updated the OP to reflect the fact that the trader N-Gauged can no longer attend and that we have replaced them with Anoraks Anonymous.

No too long to go to the show now folks, we look forward to seeing you there, cake production planning is underway ready for production to start before the event.

• RMweb Gold

Really looking forward to it - Mr Nevard is helping me operate Fourgig, which should be an interesting time as he is not that familiar with Dee Cee Cee as he puts it :lol:

here's a snap of the layout at RMweb Live, although more detail is going on daily .....

post-6717-0-25965700-1411652610_thumb.jpg

See you all there :)

I'm not meaning to be at all rude but why is a show of this size and scope only on for one day?  Some one-day shows utilise church premises which are needed for 'other purposes' on the Sunday but Wycrail is in a school.  As I have relatives in the area I've considered coming down this year, the range of layouts and traders looks excellent.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not meaning to be at all rude but why is a show of this size and scope only on for one day? Some one-day shows utilise church premises which are needed for 'other purposes' on the Sunday but Wycrail is in a school. As I have relatives in the area I've considered coming down this year, the range of layouts and traders looks excellent.

Hi

It's for a number of reasons including historical and commercial. Doubling the costs to go to a two day show would not necessarily bring in double the receipts. Also the resources we have within the Society to organise and run a two day show would be stretched so we prefer to maintain a high quality one day show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have amended the OP to reflect that fact that unfortunately the 0 gauge layout Hemlock is no longer able to attend this year and so we are now fortunate to have another 0 gauge layout Coldharbour Lane attending in its place.

Archived