Bachmann announce 0-6-2T L&NWR Webb Coal Tank

Andy Y

I just knew as soon as I'd bought the London Road Models kit that (most likely) Bachmann would produce one.

A great prototype, full of character. Definitely one to look forward to.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

Lovely, not my era at all but i think i might partake in one when they are released, lnwr lined black for me

I remember back in 1987-88ish i went with my dad to chester to see 1054 on its final mainline run, in the days before RTT and instant 'gen' he had heard about of some sort of private charter being run for a famous railway photographers birthday, iirc it just had a single coach behind it,, we waited in chester on the old goods landing opposite the yard and sure enough it came into plat 7 where it was watered and my dad got lots of piccies there

we then went off to mickle trafford (barrow) and my dad photographed it there too, when he got home he went to 'wind the film back' in his camera and the film snapped so he never got any pictures of the day at all and he was absolutly gutted

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Coachmann and Mr. Station blxxdy master, I listened to your " informed commemts " in the froth/wishlists threads and went to sleep wondering when I would be be opening a box containing my Coal Tank..........the last announcements came and I was devastated nothing!!!.....could these renowned people be so wrong!!!!, my faith in you is completely restored.........next view into the crystal balls please Larry and Mr C. maybe a Kitson saddletank.?????????

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So Mr Coachmann and I were right :sungum:  - just that our timing was a bit off (although we did get the right year).  Anyway such things aside this is an excellent addition to their range and I look forward to a BR liveried version becoming available in the future.

Well there you are Mike....it DID happen after all.For myself, I couldn't be better pleased.This year,with this and the 64xx pannier and the autocoach,theValleys lines of my childhood are recreated.

Thanks to all at Barwell for this nostalgia fix.

• Like 3

What a good choice. Will definitely be having one (or two perhaps, if a LNWR livery is done - just like I did with the L&Y 2-4-2t). If I listen carefully I can hear my wallet sobbing quietly.... let's see: Inspection Saloon, 1F, Stanier Mogul and now this one! The only consolation is that it'll probably be at least 2 years before anything bobs across from China :nono:

Edited by bill badger
  • Like 1