Bachmann announce 0-6-2T L&NWR Webb Coal Tank

Andy Y

I ordered mine from Rails, and have been running the loco in a bit, runs very smoothly now, in fact sort of glides along the track, quite elegant really!

It is a miniscule more noisy than the recent LMS mogul from Bachmann, but nothing too distracting.

Overall I'm really happy with the Webb tank, and the LNWR livery looks very smart. I'm also awaiting the LMS liveried version too.

I've no second thoughts about having a second, and Rails are offering free tracked Royal Mail postage too.

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks for the friendly, honest advice.
  • Like 1

If you really want to boast just HOW much you paid for that 'must-have'  'hard-to-get' Coal Tank........... Sold out at Bachmann and few have been made............

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bachmann-35-050-LNWR-Webb-Coal-Tank-0-6-2T-1054-LNWR-plain-black-locomotive-BNIB-/222494941862?hash=item33cdbb62a6:g:dDEAAOSwhvFZBxfA

*shakes head*

From Oz,

Peter C.

Edited by 45568

If you really want to boast just HOW much you paid for that 'must-have'  'hard-to-get' Coal Tank........... Sold out at Bachmann and few have been made............

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bachmann-35-050-LNWR-Webb-Coal-Tank-0-6-2T-1054-LNWR-plain-black-locomotive-BNIB-/222494941862?hash=item33cdbb62a6:g:dDEAAOSwhvFZBxfA

*shakes head*

From Oz,

Peter C.

£181.12....wow!

Guest Midland Mole

I think ebay loco hunters are a bit premature considering more LNWR versions are on their way to Bachmann.

Alex

• Like 1

Thank you Hattons, on line purchase 25/04, arrived South Australia 04/05, well packaged and in perfect condition, thats service !! (thanks Michelle Higgins and the team in Widnes)

LNWR Coal Tank, looks great, handrails and connecting rods pretty good actually, now just the LMS to go (fantastic)

Edited by 1BCamden
  • Like 2

If you really want to boast just HOW much you paid for that 'must-have' 'hard-to-get' Coal Tank........... Sold out at Bachmann and few have been made............

*shakes head*

From Oz,

Peter C.

Hi Peter,

Hattons, minus the UK VAT, lands it at about $153 aud for an unchipped unit, pretty good.

Edited by 1BCamden

Hi Peter,

Hattons, minus the UK VAT, lands it at about $153 aud for an unchipped unit, pretty good.

I've had mine on order from Hattons since they were announced. :boast:  I just look at some of the prices this particular Ebayer/dealer charges and shake my head....yet people still use them if their feedback is to be believed!

Cheers from a sandgroper,

Peter C.

A friend has just bought one with a view to converting to P4. However, he firstly took it for a run on a fairly large OO layout of another of his friends. It ran alright on plain track but upon reaching the first set of points it got stuck. On examination they found the pickups were contacting the rear face of the tyres below rail head level. Looking at some of the photos, the centre axle pickup can be seen and does look rather low.

Anyone else had that problem?

• RMweb Gold

LMS and BR versions are now with Bachmann, and they will start to be sent out to retailers later on this week.

The e-mail, from Bachmann, also states that they have stock of the LNWR still available.

I've had an email from Rails today to say the BR and LMS liveried versions have now arrived and are in stock - hurrah!

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Assuming we all got the same email.....  Due tomorrow! 

Er......that's what I thought mine said too.

I stand corrected, TOMORROW!

Presumably not everyone subscribes to Rails emails or preordered with them, so I thought the heads up might be of interest....

Cheers,

Keith

A friend has just bought one with a view to converting to P4. However, he firstly took it for a run on a fairly large OO layout of another of his friends. It ran alright on plain track but upon reaching the first set of points it got stuck. On examination they found the pickups were contacting the rear face of the tyres below rail head level. Looking at some of the photos, the centre axle pickup can be seen and does look rather low.

Anyone else had that problem?

Both the centre and trailing wheel pickups are below railhead level...certainly not ideal.

....... On examination they found the pickups were contacting the rear face of the tyres below rail head level. Looking at some of the photos, the centre axle pickup can be seen and does look rather low.  Anyone else had that problem?

Jol, on Page 15, my post #368 I mention 'Hornby Magazine' found this problem with their review sample, dismissed by others.

Both the centre and trailing wheel pickups are below railhead level...certainly not ideal.

I ran mine through a Peco double slip and the check rails snagged one pick up. A bit of straightening and modification required...

Regards,

Dan

Collected mine from Sheffield at lunch time and I agree that the pick-ups look as if they will foul check rails - if they are set to anything like finescale dimensions.  Since mine will be P4'd in due course, I anticipate being able to modify or replace the offending bits as part of that process.

I confess it does make me wonder how much serious testing was carried out at the engineering prototype stage.  I suppose these locos will negotiate toy train pointwork without too much difficulty and that would be the design specification.  BUT - always a BUT, isn't there - the level of detail in these (and most of today's products) would suggest that the design specification should be extended to testing on trackwork laid to tighter standards - perhaps 00SF - as better trackwork is surely what many modellers will lay to match all this better rolling stock.

Otherwise, it's a charming model.

Stan

• Like 1