Martin Finney retired

MPR

Hi,

I am delighted to report that I am one of the new owners of Martin Finney's 7mm range of locomotive and tender kits and accessories.

For commercial reasons - we only completed today - we were unable to announce anything earlier.

Please note that I shall now start a new thread for comments relating to the 7mm range.

Richard

• Like 6

Richard,

Congratulations to you and the gang, (most of whom I suspect are to be found on WT...)

I wish you all well with your new venture - I'm sure I will eventually find something from your catalog to separate me from my cash!

Best

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

In a distant past, I vowed buy a Finney Bulleid Pacific to celebrate my A-level results. For 8 years, I put it off until 'tomorrow'. Last Sunday, I vowed tomorrow really would be the day. Tomorrow came and he'd sold out yesterday.

Moral of the story - Sometimes, you've just go for these things today.

F'it.

Thanks to the nice guys at Finney7; I'm now the proud owner of a West Country kit. It's lovely - the quality of kit is beyond anything else I've seen before. Really sharp castings, thorough instructions and enough etchings to keep me quiet for a decade or so.

The main moulding does look a bit like a model of Glatonbury's Pyramid stage in 2mm mind.

C8B0C81F-A6ED-4AA0-ABAA-BE71BC0DABBD_zps

Pix

Edited by Pixie
  • Like 6

Thanks to the nice guys at Finney7; I'm now the proud owner of a West Country kit. It's lovely - the quality of kit is beyond anything else I've seen before. Really sharp castings, thorough instructions and enough etchings to keep me quiet for a decade or so....

You're just in time, as the resin mould is now worn out, and a new one will have to be created.

• RMweb Premium

This thread is a major worry to my bank balance as I see that the Princess Coronation is due in the spring..........   I know it won't fit the turntable on Green Ayre and is far too late but who cares it's my train set.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to the nice guys at Finney7; I'm now the proud owner of a West Country kit. It's lovely - the quality of kit is beyond anything else I've seen before. Really sharp castings, thorough instructions and enough etchings to keep me quiet for a decade or so.

The main moulding does look a bit like a model of Glatonbury's Pyramid stage in 2mm mind.

C8B0C81F-A6ED-4AA0-ABAA-BE71BC0DABBD_zps

Pix

Bit of a gauge issue there! 

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just had a lovely email from the guys at Finney7. The 7mm Princess Coronation and tender is going to be released at the Guild show at Doncaster a week on Saturday.

Jamie