L15 GNR/LNER A1/A3

L16 GWR City class

L17 LNER A4

L21 LNER V2

L22 LSWR Adams Radial

L23 GWR Curved frame Bulldog

L25 GWR Duke

T9 GNR/LNER coal rail tender

Given Martin's proposed show plans, ending with S4um 2015, it seems tat he seriously misjudged the demand his announcement would create. A friend contacted him five days after the news became public to order a 4mm LSWR Adams Radial Tank only to be told they were sold out and that's it. 

Of course, that'll be good news for those that have been buying his kits and then realise they'll never get around to building them. What a little nest egg they now have.

That nest egg will only last until a new buyer is announced and the products come back on the market. A canny person may want to sell now to get the maximum value?

Still needs a new buyer and getting it back on the market which seems to have been a bit of a stumbling block with most ranges so far.

Still have not seen any Finney kits come up on Ebay which surprises me a little. Would be an interesting bidding war to watch!

Craig W

Given Martin's proposed show plans, ending with S4um 2015, it seems tat he seriously misjudged the demand his announcement would create. ....

That will save him money, as he'll no longer need to attend shows!

Still needs a new buyer and getting it back on the market which seems to have been a bit of a stumbling block with most ranges so far.....

Phoenixes don't always rise from the ashes. Just ask Karlgarin, ABS, etc.....

Edited by Horsetan

Gutted I didn't get in quick enough to secure any of the 4mm GWR kits as they were all gone by Scaleforum. I now have quite a few on my wish list.

I wonder if Martin will consider an early sale so the kits can make it back onto the market sooner rather than later.

Failing that if anyone has a GWR curved frame bulldog kit with tender for sale in 4mm please PM me for a private sale.

Paul

Gutted I didn't get in quick enough to secure any of the 4mm GWR kits as they were all gone by Scaleforum. I now have quite a few on my wish list.

Everything's sold out now. You can still buy tenders (but not the GN coal-rail one) and some of the small bits, I think.

eBay is going to be very interesting over the coming months, as I think not all kits have been purchased for building!

...I wonder if Martin will consider an early sale so the kits can make it back onto the market sooner rather than later....

That's also assumes a new owner will able to get their act together and get up and running quickly, which itself presumes instant contact with etchers, suppliers of castings and constituent bits. A new owner might well be faced with higher supply bills, because the suppliers want new terms.

And some new owners don't appear to give their new acquisitions priority, as we have already seen elsewhere.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

Whilst speaking with Martin on Saturday, he stated he definitely would not be at Scaleforum 2015 but that the stand and products would probably be there under new ownership.

There has obviously been interest and we just need to sit tight for a positive outcome.

At S4um another trader told me he had been offered the opportunity to take over the MF range but he considered the asking price "too expensive". Although I know him quite well, he wouldn't divulge what the asking price was.

At S4um another trader told me he had been offered the opportunity to take over the MF range but he considered the asking price "too expensive". Although I know him quite well, he wouldn't divulge what the asking price was.

Sort of reminds me of the letter that the late Albert Goodall sent me when he made enquiries about possibly taking over the old Crownline range when Dave King has his first attempt at retiring. The asking price at the time reportedly went into six figures.... :O  ....although stock (and there was a lot of it) was included.

• RMweb Gold

After being cheeky and asking about the cost of buying the rights of another company individual wagons/ locomotive kits. The answer was £300 to £2000+ mf are regarded as the best so possible more. it soon adds up plus you may want hes contacts which might cost more so how is a good price plus the name do you use that

Edited by farren

• 1 month later...

Spoke to Martin today and some more 4mm tender kits are due in next month as he is still waiting for the castings. My order for some Dean tenders has already gone in.

Same situation with the 7mm Rover too. I have indicated I wish to order a few Dean tenders and the Rover is likely to be the one 7mm loco I buy.

Craigw

I'm on to my last Finney Kit, a Duchess with an A4, A3 and V2 already completed. All purchased some years ago when I could afford it.

Just received my set of inside valve gear set this morning for the Duchess and a last minute decision when I discovered he was retiring.  A bit OTT for me but hey its worth a try. I've never done inside valve gear before so  this build will be interesting.

I can imagine there will be a lot of folk out there myself included counting their blessings that Martin came along with some of the best kits ever offered both in 4 and 7mm.

I hope he finds a buyer and his kits becomes available again though I doubt we will ever see the full range reappear but then you never know.

Regards

Bob