Martin Finney retired

MPR

Hope to see the 4mm Finney range back in production soon with the new owner. Pen poised ready to order a V2 as soon as available.

Was I email contact with Martin last week about delivery of my final order. Unfortunately, I was shorted a Dean Goods, and because I have the tender and an inside motion kit, I too am hoping for a rapid re-introduction. For one moment, I thought I was going to get the Ultrascale wheels before the kits arrived!

Still, apparently the new owner of the 4mm side is expected to make an announcement this week. Here's hoping.

Horsetan are you behaving yourself again? I thought you had all you wanted.... except a V2, may be a A3?  I suspect that the new owner might be in for a run of kits in the short term. 

Horsetan are you behaving yourself again? I thought you had all you wanted.... except a V2, may be a A3?....

Already have an A3. Missing from the collection is a "Hall", a "47xx", a "City" 4-4-0, the Adams Radial, and the V2. I've got all the other ones that matter to me.

Fingers crossed that the new owner makes more of the cast fittings available separately than did Martin. 

I don't know of a source of Cartazzi axleboxes as good as Martin's, and a Bradwell A1 chassis deserves the best.

The Nim.

You can purchase excellent quality brass Cartazzi axleboxes from either Branchlines or Puffers, I have both types and they are both equal to or better than the Finney ones. Not that I am knocking the Finney ones as they are excellent also.

You can purchase excellent quality brass Cartazzi axleboxes from either Branchlines or Puffers, I have both types and they are both equal to or better than the Finney ones. Not that I am knocking the Finney ones as they are excellent also.

True, but it's the name that counts, and Finney has just that degree of cachet...

Umm  I wonder if this is going to become a wish list..... with a count down to the hour that the new owner appears on stage!

Ummm lunch 

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscle
I said, "Do you speak my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
:nomention:

A wish list?

My logic has always been that if something I want is available and I can afford it then I buy it. Putting things off has not worked well for me in the past!

The new owner is not likely to see my credit card given my stash as shown in the photo. Mr Finney however, has done well out of me - these are all from him not Ebay or second hand (I have a couple more that are this category).

If he was to have the ability and interest to do a Saint to this standard I would certainly weaken.

Regards,

Craig W

post-244-0-61130800-1428476306_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Umm  I wonder if this is going to become a wish list..... with a count down to the hour that the new owner appears on stage!

Ummm lunch 

Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six foot four and full of muscle

I said, "Do you speak my language?"

He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

:nomention:

It looks like it has (post #92), keeping the great tradition of RMweb alive.

....The new owner is not likely to see my credit card given my stash as shown in the photo.

As a willy-waving exercise, that stack is hard to beat! My own Finney department only runs to about half of yours.

Mr Finney however, has done well out of me - these are all from him not Ebay or second hand (I have a couple more that are this category).

I went the other way - only four kits were bought new from him, not including the inside motion kits; the rest were all snaffled at mostly bargain prices from eBay.

True, but it's the name that counts, and Finney has just that degree of cachet...

Until you get told that the Cartazzi included in the Finney LNER kits is in fact the one made by ABS.  I thought you'd have known that Ivan?

• RMweb Premium

A wish list?

My logic has always been that if something I want is available and I can afford it then I buy it. Putting things off has not worked well for me in the past!

The new owner is not likely to see my credit card given my stash as shown in the photo. Mr Finney however, has done well out of me - these are all from him not Ebay or second hand (I have a couple more that are this category).

If he was to have the ability and interest to do a Saint to this standard I would certainly weaken.

Regards,

Craig W

Nice. But how many have you actually built......

Guest Lyonesse

A wish list?

Regards,

Craig W

Blimey.  Do you have stashes of Ultrascale wheels and RG4s to complete them?