Heljan GWR 1366 0-6-0 Pannier Tank

Ozexpatriate

Very nice to see

Interesting that they unboxed so many of them for the photograph.

They didnt unbox them, that is how they come, its their 'package clever' idea based on the Emperors new clothes scenario, it saves £3.50 a model!  :sungum:

They didnt unbox them, that is how they come, its their 'package clever' idea based on the Emperors new clothes scenario, it saves £3.50 a model! :sungum:

Only £3:50 ?

Tell that to some of the clowns on Ebay trying to get 15 quid for empty loco boxes !

• RMweb Gold

Only £3:50 ?

Tell that to some of the clowns on Ebay trying to get 15 quid for empty loco boxes !

I've seen pre-war Hornby Dublo empty boxes sold at (live) auctions for significantly more than we currently pay for boxes containing new locos.

I wasn't expecting these so soon! They're looking rather lovely from a distance. The price may be a little difficult to take but I never thought I'd see one of these made in RTR.

I just need to decide if the Wray Valley Railway (Moretonhampstead) would have been visited regularly by the SDR's roving 1369 or whether they would have managed to preserve one of their own! Leaning towards the former as, as far as I'm aware, they had no association with the line in active service.

I've seen pre-war Hornby Dublo empty boxes sold at (live) auctions for significantly more than we currently pay for boxes containing new locos.

I can just about understand that for "vintage collectible" stuff....but for the latest releases ?

And for the real chancer asking a fiver for an empty Dapol wagon box, you truly have my contempt.

Edited by lofty1966

• RMweb Gold

If the O2 is anything to go by, they'll be some reasonable discounting going on. He types hopefully!

I can't justify the cost even with discount when I have this sitting in the "todo" cupboard.

I will have more pleasure out of build the kit than just taking a RTR out of the box.

post-8647-0-87096800-1477651272_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I can't justify the cost even with discount when I have this sitting in the "todo" cupboard.

I will have more pleasure out of build the kit than just taking a RTR out of the box.

attachicon.gifWP_20161028_11_34_28_Pro.jpg

Good luck with the slide bars as they are a pigs ear to get right, as I have one of those kits and it has been put aside for the time being

Terry  

I don't have one of those in the cupboard. I hadn't planned on even thinking about these them I found a picture of 1369 in Stourbridge shed presumably on its way back from Stafford Road. Story goes the shed liked it so they kept it for a few weeks! Relevance is I ultimately intend to have something West Midlands based...

I'll wait for the reviews and see what it's actually being sold for. If I owned a djh kit, I'd stick with that

David

• RMweb Gold

Good luck with the slide bars as they are a pigs ear to get right, as I have one of those kits and it has been put aside for the time being

Terry  

Yes I remember them well from building these kits in the 80's but I have a small supply of Crownline cast slide bars to go on this kit and a 1361 they were such a big improvement.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifWP_20161028_11_34_28_Pro.jpg

Given the untimely death of Roger Slade, I wonder if his CSP "1366" etched brass kit which was virtually ready for release last year will now be available from his successor Iain Young? The projected price was £95.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

Given the untimely death of Roger Slade, I wonder if his CSP "1366" etched brass kit which was virtually ready for release last year will now be available from his successor Iain Young? The projected price was £95.

I had not heard about that kit and I don't go look for things these days as there is so much in the todo cupboard, I might just have a peek.