Tender Wheels need Identifying

LNWR lives on

While I suspect they are not strictly collectable they are old so vintage. They came out of one of Dad's boxes and I have been using them on GEM LNWR tenders but I am down to my last set so need to find some more. They are 16mm with rounded end axles, are they possibly Jackson or Romford?

Can I only get these second hand or is there something similar on the market I can buy? I have 5 more tenders to go on current stash so need 15 axles, though also unsure if I should be using 16 or 14mm wheels on smaller tenders like the Cauliflower and Precedent?

post-2237-0-76256300-1409692679_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David

Edited for the right picture

Cheers Gents, I suspected Jacksons but unsure, I have got a set of inserts in I think a META packet somewhere but I think these are for pony wheels

It seems to be a vagary of the GEM kits that they used 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 tenders and 14mm for the cauliflower and precedent tenders.

Visit to Gibson at ExpoEM it is :) Are they rounded or pintpoint please?

Cheers Gents, I suspected Jacksons but unsure, I have got a set of inserts in I think a META packet somewhere but I think these are for pony wheels

It seems to be a vagary of the GEM kits that they used 4-4-0 and 4-6-0 tenders and 14mm for the cauliflower and precedent tenders.

Visit to Gibson at ExpoEM it is :) Are they rounded or pintpoint please?

I think that you get two wheels and two axles per pack one pinpoint and one inside bearing (short with plain ends. You have to order the bearings separately so go for the waisted type.

No "modern" manufacturer of wheels does rounded end axles as far as I know.

Archived