• RMweb Gold

Sadly not from the drive point of view. Struggling to get enough grip between the motor shaft and the gearbox with the silicone tube. Much slippage. Going to rebuild the spare one with a longer shaft and either move the motor back or cut some off the end of it's shaft to try to get more tube over the gearbox shaft. Failing that I'll have to wait until the lathe is fixed and turn up a joining piece that I can bond to the gearbox shaft and then key to the motor shaft as it's a "D" section .......

Any updates! Look forward to each one

Similarly not much from me either, I have been concentrating on getting Palin's Yard ready for its trip to he SWAG do in Taunton at the end of the month.

I also have to rely on the good offices of a fellow Club member to do the minor CAD changes to the artwork of the etches and laser cut acrylic, so I'm not rushing it until I have done him a bit of payback.

The only progress to date has been filling to the minor air bubbles in the resin cast ends to ready them for base coat of primer.

post-18627-0-47241600-1491588417_thumb.jpg

The inner pieces, though not quite right, have been primed to make up a mk1 test, and the sides have had a coat of black and white.

post-18627-0-50580400-1491588620_thumb.jpg

Although not yet as I want it, it's starting to look a lot better than the previous efforts, I shall get this one built to see how it all fits together, and then concentrate on the logo's, I need to see if transfers or applied vinyls are the way to go. More research needed.

post-18627-0-41177500-1491588855_thumb.jpg

Once Taunton is out of the way I can this give this some more time.

Peter

• 3 months later...

A bit of an update, as a result of starting a Cameo layout of Stourbridge Town the tram project has had a bit of a boost, the etches have been updated to sort a couple of minor glitches, and a test etch is about to go off to Grainge and Hodder.

The 139 etch also includes a revised version, to replicate the shorter original PPM as well, so I can run both versions on the new layout.

post-18627-0-73904400-1500060775_thumb.png

The internal acrylic box is next on the list, it just needs 1mm adding to the height to clear the top window frame. Fortunately it looks like Phil (Brush 4 Intenio Models of this Forum) can do these for me, so I just have to get the artwork amended and there should be some real progress, next step sorting a power unit.

Peter

Edited by peter220950
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The revised etches for the tram have arrived,

post-18627-0-59006500-1502551270_thumb.jpg

and all seems to have come out as I hoped. The only real change to the 139 was the addition of 1mm to the left hand end, which was an error on the Mk1, the opportunity was also taken to make a better job of the wiper, adding a fixing hole, and providing a backing plate for the tow hitches.

post-18627-0-92669900-1502551611_thumb.jpg

The only other changes are to the partitions behind the driver, where I realised that the panels on the outside of the acrylic box were 1.5mm wider and deeper.

The biggest changes, however, were in the adaptions of the drawings to give me the original PPM. This was 1 bay shorter, had different doors and internal panels.

post-18627-0-13142100-1502552094_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-47647000-1502552144_thumb.jpg

The acrylic hasn't been re-cut to suit the PPM, but it proved a simple job to cut 25mm from the length, and out of the middle of the floor.

post-18627-0-87924800-1502552627_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-68169000-1502552790_thumb.jpg

So two of the three units for the Cameo layout of Stourbridge are well in hand, progress at last.

Peter

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I know it's been a while, but are there any further updates? I'm trying to get hold of a CAD model so I create one of my own in 00 gauge (my lack of CAD ability has yet again brought me down). Would there be any possibility of allowing people to purchase the model in some form? Even just the ends would be a fantastic start!

Edited by hconn