PECO

Great Western

Firstly could we have a PECO / Ratio area ?

My question is has anyone else seen these - attached picture.

PECO - SLE786BH - Curved Turnout Right Hand (Code 124) - BULL HEAD - O GAUGE

I've not seen these before, are they a new product ?

Does anyone know if they will fit radius wise with the set track O gauge curves ?

Regards

Great Western

post-12154-0-63486600-1409832077_thumb.jpg

To clarify: The reference code SLE786BH is the code shown on the PECO website for their 0 Gauge curved right hand turnout. The illustration in the Ebay listing does not match the PECO illustration but the reference code is the same. I suspect this is the standard PECO turnout.

The Peco O gauge curved turnouts received a less than flattering review in an article in the May 2014 Gauge O Guild Gazette.

If you are not a member of the Guild you may wish to borrow a copy to read the article.

Caveat emptor!

Regards.

66C - So they are a new product then, not an error on the ebay Listers part?

Could you reproduce the highlights for us who aren't privy to the newsletter?

Also listed is the oppersite left hand turnout.

Cheers

Great Western.

These are not a new product as such, they have been available from PECO for some time, I'm not sure exactly when but at least 12 months from memory.

The "review" Bill refers to was not a "new product" review but a feature by a user.

Hope that helps.

Alan.

They aren't a new product, I bought one a year ago.

The Peco O gauge curved turnouts received a less than flattering review in an article in the May 2014 Gauge O Guild Gazette.

Not unexpected from experience.

Its strange as I can only find mention to them on the Cheltenham Model Centre page, as a Gentleman above says the Cat. Code is the same as the standard curved points.

A google search using SLE786BH brings up various stockists as well as Ebay auctions.

Indeed the Google search does bring up multiple stores that sell a product with the Cat Code, but they show the picture of the normal slight curved turnout. Not the one shown above, seeing as you've brought one can you confirm they are as shown at the top of the thread?

Cheers

Great Western

The code above is right but the image is wrong - this is what it should look like.

https://railsofsheffield.com/right-hand-curved-turnout-electrofrog-sle786bh-JJJA15993.aspx

Nominal radii: Outside 3098mm (122in), Inside 1727mm (68in). Angle: 8

As already noted, that looks like the OO version in the Ebay auction.

The inner radius of 68" is tighter than the 6ft radius set as the Guild standard back in the history of time somewhere which is probably why it hasn't got favourable reviews (I am no longer a Guild member so haven't seen the review, just a guess). 

What were you planning on running over it?  My Heljan 33 happily runs on the old Lima curved track which is about 2ft 10" radius or thereabouts.

Don't forget that "the standards" were set many years ago back in the days when people scratch-built everything out of biscuit tins and cardboard boxes, and I don't think they've ever been revised to reflect the fact that more modern construction techniques mean that sharper curves are perfectly workable - it's only a couple of inches after all below "the standard" anyway.

What's your "plan A"?

Archived